chick5_zpsf922fucp.jpg

6)
chick6_zpsyqrf1tft.jpg

7)
chick7_zpsp58c5pvj.jpg

8]
chick8_zpsr0baahw5.jpg

greybeard":2uwh1xju said:
Regarding pic#2...I like sitting in those kind of chairs, (Adirondack) but have heck getting out of them.

I want to know how what appears to be a Jack Russell they got to lay there.
Never seen a Russell that would mix with chickens or any small critters.
Tough choices this month I am going to have ponder this a little longer.

Heard the chickens making a racket here this morning, thinking it may be a mongoose I'd seen the day before that was after chicks I hurried along to investigate. When the chickens saw me they quietened down, all except one. Olive was in an old oven cackling her butt off, frantically trying to make a nest. Olive is a pullet that had yet to lay an egg...until today.

I approached the old oven and on seeing me she swivelled around and came to meet me. Her eyes were just about popping out :help: :lol:
olive1_zps5d2fucf6.jpg

I picked her up and together we inspected her nest. We decided it needed grass so off I went to collect, then with her in attendance, placed it in a pile in the oven. She was in a great hurry and immediately got to work. She then settled down and started picking pieces of grass and tossing them on her back. I left her there and about 5 minutes later the racket irrupted again...Olive had laid her first egg, much ado about a small little white egg :p
olive3_zpst6o42ao6.jpg

See the olive green legs ;-)
olive%202_zps3elbldc5.jpg

:D Darn I missed this contest! Had the perfect pic too :) Good pics everyone :nod:

Was gonna use this as my entry... Poultry photography is my thing :lol2:

Thanks folks.

Holm25, he's a fine feathered boy. They always seem to go into the shade when you actually want them in the sun to get a good pic of their colors, what is it with them :roll:

Latest posts