Political Ads?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg4x4

Reaction score
Do you listen to them? Do they make any difference in who you'll vote for? Do you change the channel as fast as you can to get away from the yapping??? Go vote anyhow. Too many people have died makeing sure you can do that peacefully..[/b]Please

I feel the problems with political ads are the misleading half truths. When one candidate tells you so and so voted to raise taxes or cut back on Medicare they didn't tell you what else was in the bill being voted on, so you don't have the whole story.

kjones":3bkdzd5k said:
I feel the problems with political ads are the misleading half truths. When one candidate tells you so and so voted to raise taxes or cut back on Medicare they didn't tell you what else was in the bill being voted on, so you don't have the whole story.

Just another reason for the line-item veto!

Chris

c2.jpg

c13.jpg

c8.jpg

I do love Maxine!! She resembles me quite a bit,only funny..

I usually just switch channels or mute but this years Michael J. Fox add being plastered in our area for the MO election makes the hair on my neck raise up. He is obviously acting or off his medication or both to make the public have sympathy for his illness. And then misinforming voters on Talon's stand on Stem Cell research. There is a big difference in Stem Cell Research and Embryo Stem Cell Research.

I believe their is no law against lying in a Political Election add but there should be. One party should be able to sue the other if they can prove it in a court of law they flat out lied to the public.

My mother died from Parkinsons...It is a very cruel disease..appearently no one you care for has had it..Thats not acting..and not off meds..

peg4x4":28mf0j2d said:
My mother died from Parkinsons...It is a very cruel disease..appearently no one you care for has had it..Thats not acting..and not off meds..

You saw the adds? First off he admitted he went off his meds when he went before congress so he would be more visual.

Secondly if you watch an episode of Boston Legal you can see the difference in how much calmer he is when he is getting paid than when he is trying to mislead Missouri Voters to get a liberal McCaskill elected. The difference is about 10 times the movement.

I thought he was on some show the other night but I never watch an entire episode of anything. He seemed to not be having any tremors at all during the part of the show I saw.

Boston Legal comes on Tues night at 9 EST

All those political ads make me sick. They made Corker take his ad about HFJ and Playboy Mansion off.

Bullbuyer":3j8r74m6 said:
I thought he was on some show the other night but I never watch an entire episode of anything. He seemed to not be having any tremors at all during the part of the show I saw.

He was on TV at a press conference today in reply to the crap he is getting about the ad and he was not shaking like that.

On the ad for McCaskill he looked like he was doing a bad Stevie Wonder impersonation. But as much as I disliked his theatrical display, I despised the misinformation even more so.

*Cowgirl*":5bq0q4xr said:

All those political ads make me sick. They made Corker take his ad about HFJ and Playboy Mansion off.

You're not paying attention. Corker said he didn't have anything to do with those ads. In fact, he called for them to be taken off sooner than they were. See how easy it is to mislead someone who WANTS to be mislead.

I don't pay much attention to the ads. It's hard to decide which of the lesser evils to vote for. Usually, the ones who go so far out to make the other person look so bad are the ones who turn me off the most. Decisions, decisions.....

peg4x4":wzbxay3q said:
Do you listen to them? Do they make any difference in who you'll vote for? Do you change the channel as fast as you can to get away from the yapping??? Go vote anyhow. Too many people have died makeing sure you can do that peacefully..[/b]Please

No, political ads don't have much to do with my voting. It's too easy to misrepresent someone's record. For example, saying so and so voted against health care for kids. What we don't know is what else is in the bill that included health care for kids. Or saying that they voted for something, then against it. Well, bills are re-written all the time; voting for something and then against the same bill is not necessarily bad. Ads are simple soundbites and I really don't pay much attention. There are better ways to decide on who to vote for.

I saw that commercial, with Michael J Fox, they showed it here on the NEWS. I thought it in poor taste, to use his illness as a vote scame, and to come off of his meds for it was bad, as a lot of people suffer this awful crippling disease, my Aunt died form complications bought on by Parkinsons she had for about 10 years. I am in full agreement with aplusment on this. they should be taken to Court on misleading. I also am speaking for over here to. :x

Frankie":297pupu3 said:
*Cowgirl*":297pupu3 said:

You're not paying attention. Corker said he didn't have anything to do with those ads. In fact, he called for them to be taken off sooner than they were. See how easy it is to mislead someone who WANTS to be mislead.

Not that much misleading here, just that Corker is not the one being made to pull the ad. It is the Republican National Committee that is being made to pull the ad, be it by the hand of Corker or pressure from the liberal media, NAACP or opponent Ford.

Someone was made to take the ad down, it just wasn't Corker himself. He had no control over the ad candidates are not allowed to coordinate with the national parties on advertising paid for by independent expenditures — even to request that an ad be pulled from circulation.

Thing about the ad is it got so much heat because the NAACP did not like it because they felt it was racist because they used a white actress to portray a playboy bunny instead of a Brown or Black one.

In the case of Mc Caskill and the Michael J. Fox ad it is flat out lying that Talent is against Stem Cell research, when in fact he is against specific research such as Embryonic Stem Cell research. This is a lot more important issue than rather they used a Brown, Black or White actress as a Playboy Bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.