Polishing aluminum rims

Help Support CattleToday:

SmokinM

Reaction score
Got my old truck I have been rehabbing a little over the last year and it needs some new tires. Figure before I spring for new treads maybe I will try and knock some of the 23 years of abuse off. Anybody polish up rims before? Got any tips, tricks or favorite compounds to use? Not making a show truck by any means just giving the old girl some much earned love! Thanks

Actual footage:

SmokinM.png

There's a place somewhere around Waynesboro that will polish the original aluminum wheels and coat them to look like new according to some folks I work with, but I've never used them and heard it's rather pricey. I can find their info if you'd like.

Actual footage:

View attachment 25622

There's a place somewhere around Waynesboro that will polish the original aluminum wheels and coat them to look like new according to some folks I work with, but I've never used them and heard it's rather pricey. I can find their info if you'd like.
No pics. on the internet Bro! I can't keep the womenz off of me now, much less if you make me internet famous!😂

Thanks, If I flop out DIY I might hit you up for the professionals number.

Its whisky, not whiskey, although I spent half a day goin to 5 or 6 liquor stores all over Knoxville tryin to find some Blanton's. I found out today, my next search will be for some Jimmy Red Corn Whiskey.
My go to is Macallan single malt whisky, but that Blanton's is good. If Jimmy Red Corn is as good as I was told I'll let y'll know!
BTW, A truck like that white PS Ford pix attachment is F#$%@$ Useless !

Last edited:
Its whisky, not whiskey, although I spent half a day goin to 5 or 6 liquor stores all over Knoxville tryin to find some Blanton's. I found out today, my next search will be for some Jimmy Red Corn Whiskey.
My go to is Macallan single malt whisky, but that Blanton's is good. If Jimmy Red Corn is as good as I was told I'll let y'll know!
BTW, A truck like that white PS Ford pix attachment is F#$%@$ Useless !
Now, I meant what I said. That's how come I said it ;)

Not such a big deal for me anyway, for some reason that brown nectar is trouble juice for me. Last time I drank any appreciable amount of whiskey it turned into me and my buddy boxing in the basement and seeing who could break the most bottles with various childish weapons and by launching them onto a utility building.

I stick to shine and beer, far less trouble that way.

Polish or clean?

If they are really nasty, Napa sells a product called aluminum brightener. Last I knew it was about $20 a gallon, and a gallon goes a long ways since you can cut it half or more with water. It's acid based, spray it on, hit it with a scrub brush and rinse it off. Works unbelievably well.

If you want to polish them like a mirror, it will likely take some sanding in progressive stages to get the scratches out, and then you'll need to use a buffing compound and a buffer wheel of some sort. I have never done that so I don't know much about it.

Latest posts