Police pull gun on stranded motorist

Help Support CattleToday:

D2Cat

Reaction score
This is a small town of about 2500 residents and 25 miles south of greater Kansas City. The man with the car that quit running, texted his wife to have her come and get him to work, texted his repair service to come pick up his car, and the police man comes by and so flustered because he was out of the car, pulled his gun on him ... had the full story in the local paper.

http://www.republic-online.com/news/loc ... 4a743.html

That was bad deal all the way around, everyone was in the right and it worked out because the guy finally got back into his car. You can't walk up on a cop car in the dark and expect the officer not to be on high alert.

True Grit Farms":2exiqez6 said:
That was bad deal all the way around, everyone was in the right and it worked out because the guy finally got back into his car. You can't walk up on a cop car in the dark and expect the officer not to be on high alert.

I agree. I did that once when I was 18 years old and the Kentucky State Policeman gave me a lecture I never forgot.

That's total bs. If you are that scared to go do your job ... stay home. Plus... if the guy is standing outside his car... in the wide open... where you can see him... and you feared for you life... why would you send him back in to his car... where he could have multiple weapons... and your visibility is limited?

That cop is an idiot and has no business being a cop.

Brute 23":1nd9asa2 said:
That's total bs. If you are that scared to go do your job ... stay home. Plus... if the guy is standing outside his car... in the wide open... where you can see him... and you feared for you life... why would you send him back in to his car... where he could have multiple weapons... and your visibility is limited?

cop rolls up on a broken down vehicle (reported i'm sure) and is on high alert. How dare a free citizen be OUTSIDE the vehicle.

I guess unless you're at a private property (store / home ) then you aren't allowed out of your vehicle anymore.

Some of y'all need to take a self defense pistol class. From what I read the cop was only doing his job, and doing a good job at it I might add. You can't shoot sitting down facing away from someone, that's the reason the cop wanted the guy back in the vehicle. Anyone that has ever road hunted knows you can't hardly shoot out of the drivers side of a vehicle unless everything is set up perfectly. If a cop tells you to get in your vehicle and you walk towards him the cop dang sure better be ready to defend himself. Who's to say that the guy wasn't a psychopath and had already killed three or four people and was just broke down on the side of the road. It's easy to second guess once you know the facts.

Workinonit Farm":2lzrovay said:
I'm thinking that had it been during daylight hours, perhaps the scenario may have been a different one.

I believe your right, the guy said he was trying to duck the light to talk to the cop. A powerful light is just another defensive tool.

True Grit Farms":22r3xae3 said:
Some of y'all need to take a self defense pistol class. From what I read the cop was only doing his job, and doing a good job at it I might add. You can't shoot sitting down facing away from someone, that's the reason the cop wanted the guy back in the vehicle. Anyone that has ever road hunted knows you can't hardly shoot out of the drivers side of a vehicle unless everything is set up perfectly. If a cop tells you to get in your vehicle and you walk towards him the cop dang sure better be ready to defend himself. Who's to say that the guy wasn't a psychopath and had already killed three or four people and was just broke down on the side of the road. It's easy to second guess once you know the facts.

i can shoot a pistol pretty easily out of any vehicle window.

ddd75":3pueliau said:
True Grit Farms":3pueliau said:

For sure.

Any one with sense knows that was a screw up. I have never seen or been involved in a stop where a cop felt threatened and forced the person back in to the car. That's just ridiculous. It's always step out and walk to the back of the vehicle.

The paranoia and militarization of the police in this country is quite alarming. This is not how you handle a stranded motorist.

ddd75":3fkmz5g9 said:
Brute 23":3fkmz5g9 said:

cop rolls up on a broken down vehicle (reported i'm sure) and is on high alert. How dare a free citizen be OUTSIDE the vehicle.

I guess unless you're at a private property (store / home ) then you aren't allowed out of your vehicle anymore.
Had one tell me to get back in the car one day. Said there was no need for both of us to get run over standing on the side of the road.

Brute 23":25xbbwnw said:
ddd75":25xbbwnw said:
True Grit Farms":25xbbwnw said:

For sure.

Any one with sense knows that was a screw up. I have never seen or been involved in a stop where a cop felt threatened and forced the person back in to the car. That's just ridiculous. It's always step out and walk to the back of the vehicle.
But you do it when he tells you to as well

Latest posts