Police Impounds????

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I was wondering,has anyone ever bought one of these or do you know of someone that has?
And are they as cheap as they say they are? If so they must be junk.
Seems every paper you pick up has these in the adds.
Not that I'm looking to buy one I'm just curious.

Cal

Can't imagine the Police would be so stupid as to sell an impound for a few hundred $$, as in "$300" advs. etc. These advs are probably in the same category as the "Work At Home Schemes"...

Those ads are just wanting to sell you web addresses that you could find for your self.

Just a big rip off.

There's a bunch of internet surplus auction sites, as well as live auctions where those vehicles are auctioned off. I've never personally bought one but I've drooled over a few vehicles on there. Seems to be a lot of them around D.C.

Our Dept sells impounds often enough. Used car dealers snatch them right up. They are silent auctions.

Had some guys poaching deer that were turned in. Deer were found and all of their equipment was taken including trucks. Sold at impound auction ~ not a thing wrong with that truck. Lots of drug dealers.

I've wondered what if I bought an impound vehicle that had been seized in a drug raid and had all legal papers as proof, then a drug sniffing dog found traces or worse yet left over drugs i the vehicle would I lose it to impound again? Not that it will happen but if it could I am sure I would be a prime candiadate as that is how my luck runs.

Jalopy":263z2vew said:
I've wondered what if I bought an impound vehicle that had been seized in a drug raid and had all legal papers as proof, then a drug sniffing dog found traces or worse yet left over drugs i the vehicle would I lose it to impound again? Not that it will happen but if it could I am sure I would be a prime candiadate as that is how my luck runs.
No. First of all they would need reasonable cause to even search your vehicle like that. So say you are acting like a seedy/high freak during a general traffic stop (speeding) and they search your car, if they find nothing ~ they do nothing more than apologize for the inconvience.

Jalopy":38yogims said:

Maybe they'll give you a guarantee that it is "Certified Pre-Sniffed". :lol:

Now we all know that a reasonable cause to search would only have to be reasonable to the officer.
He can make up just about any excuse to search that he wants to.

Cal

Heard something on the news about this awhile back.Guy bought a car that gas gauge didn't work took to garage to get fixed took tank off and they found pot wrapped in bags and stuffed in tank law took drugs and didn't do anything to owner.

Calman":38t7hx0s said:
Now we all know that a reasonable cause to search would only have to be reasonable to the officer.

Cal
Maybe that was the way it used to be ~ but people are beginning to become more proactive and assertive about just how much they have to put up with and are taking these things to court ~ and winning. Officers have learned to be discriminating. Also, I know from where I work that they are so used to freak shows out on the road that you really have to stand outside of the norm for them to give you grief. (If all else fails ~ start crying.)

angie":pupgud0f said:
Calman":pupgud0f said:

Cal
Maybe that was the way it used to be ~ but people are beginning to become more proactive and assertive about just how much they have to put up with and are taking these things to court ~ and winning. Officers have learned to be discriminating. Also, I know from where I work that they are so used to freak shows out on the road that you really have to stand outside of the norm for them to give you grief. (If all else fails ~ start crying.)

Now Angie we need to get the facts straight here.I know you work in the law enforcement but on the other hand I happen to watch cops every evening on fox tv.Now with my experience of cops on tv don;t you think I would be just a little more informed on what's going on?After all in the past years I've spent a lot of time watching cop's. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cal

Latest posts