Pole Sheds

Help Support CattleToday:

What'r you gonna put in it? I like all 3 for different reasons.

I just plan on sticking some equipment under it and maybe some hay is all... I want one section enclosed for my tools and for a shop to work on things in there and have heat and ac

For hay storage, trusses for the roof and open at one end at least makes more sense then open sides. That gives you better access and ease of moving bales around and utilizing the space more efficiently

Being broke and in need of something along those lines I'd take any of them.

BUT...as mentioned by others, not big enough. If you are like me, you'll run out of space real quick.

I like the first and third ones. But remember.... build it at least twice as big as you think you need. It still won't be big enough.

Neither. Too many verticals. They should have used steel as it would have been cheaper and stronger. Should have been taller. Must be for lawn tractor size equipment. What are they going to do when they need a bigger tractor? Bad positioning too. #1 is jam up against a fence on the left with the garage end on the right. There's no way to add on or modify if needed. Build a shop and then build a pole barn. Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Yea, this is big enough for me this is just for added storage i already have a 60x60x20 foot shop this is just a lil extra for me. The steel may be stronger but this is actually cheaper to build than a steel manufactured building. I dont have a big farm its small 125 acres 4 head cattle 2 goats 10 dogs 8 chickens 1 rooster and a partridge in a pear tree...

Just remember, you don't need a shop where you are welding and grinding or storing flammables next to your haybarn. ;-)

1982vett":3qo0zfas said:
Just remember, you don't need a shop where you are welding and grinding or storing flammables next to your haybarn. ;-)

This is true... But I use the big shop for that kind of stuff.

skyhightree1":31p6mtlz said:
The steel may be stronger but this is actually cheaper to build than a steel manufactured building.

You can span 6 inch C purlin 20 feet with no problems. Put it on 10 foot centers and you have used far less material. You also have room underneath without all those verticals etc. I would never go with a "manufactured" building or kit. Custom build want you want and pocket those extra nickels. You can get loadings for all the structural steel right off of the net. Much easier than finding loadings for conventional wood structures etc. Think about it.

backhoeboogie":d8dkxbps said:
skyhightree1":d8dkxbps said:
The steel may be stronger but this is actually cheaper to build than a steel manufactured building.

You can span 6 inch C purlin 20 feet with no problems. Put it on 10 foot centers and you have used far less material. You also have room underneath without all those verticals etc. I would never go with a "manufactured" building or kit. Custom build want you want and pocket those extra nickels. You can get loadings for all the structural steel right off of the net. Much easier than finding loadings for conventional wood structures etc. Think about it.

Point noted ........but I own a Tree service business and sawmill I have about 200 logs sitting out on my land from a big job I just did and can basically build this just for the cost of the tin and telephone poles and cement.

Latest posts