pole saw recommendation

Help Support CattleToday:

keysbottles

Reaction score
Was bush hogging yesterday and was reminded that I need to trim the lower limbs from the trees. Does anyone have a cordless pole saw that they can recommend?

My neighbor just put one on his front end loader..haven't seen it up close or asked him about it..but it must run off the hydraulics ...he trimmed some high limbs with it though..

Recently bought a DeWalt cordless/battery pole saw, trimmer & edger, primarily because we already have the blower, drills, etc. The pole saw can extend 10ft and lasts 2-3 hours on one charge. I like it - except when I'm standing in the bed of the Polaris & still have to fully extend my arms because it's heavy (and my arms subsequently feel like Jell-O the rest of the day).

I purchased a saw from harbor freight a couple of years age that I absolutely would recommend. It was their top of the line and not sure if was bauer or lynx but it works like a charm. I have used it continuosly for three hrs and it still had some battery left . I carry it on my tractor for just that reason. cutting low hanging limbs. cheaper than a muffler or (a cab) which I don't have.

Bought the Kobalt 40V last winter. Have been very pleased with it; have not used it at its full extended length yet.

I used one similar to this screwed on a long pole yesterday. If it's sharp and you put your grip and muscles into it, it works great.

Attachments

• 15643488-138C-4271-B815-755FDA52A82C.png
    15643488-138C-4271-B815-755FDA52A82C.png
    585.6 KB · Views: 4
I have a Ryobi that I bought last October after the ice storm - not positive that it would have been my first choice, but at the moment it was my only choice. Turns out I've been very pleased with it. It'll run three hours plus, and I've cut lots of stuff I probably shouldn't have. Mine's a 10" bar, I notice the newer ones are 12" - wish mine was, but this one has already paid for itself. I'd buy another one.

Latest posts