Pole Bending in a pond.

Help Support CattleToday:

J&T Farm

Reaction score
This was at a high school rodeo. It was Jan. 10th so it was cold and wet. I had brought my older horse, who happens to like the mud. And it was a good thing.
TaraKisseePoles.jpg

a year or two ago we had a goat tyin run just like that but it was still rainin. imagine already bein wet and cold and then havein to kneel in the mud! lol the joy of rodeo!

Ha! nice pic....i have a friend who does HS Rodeo, and she goat tied a few times. she ALWAYS ends up getting caught in the mud, and falls flat on her face! the last time she did, it was a little drier than what is in your pic, but not much. she got caught in the mud, fell on her face, and hit herself in the head with her goat...

Yeah that goat tying is a dirty sport!! I had to borrow a friends horse one night for it. And my horse would slide to a stop but her horse wouldn't so you had to make a running dismount and the first night I got really lucky landed on my feet, I thought well that wasn't to bad. The next night I went head over heels when my feet hit the ground. :oops: After that I decided to stick to barrels, poles, and took up breakaway. It was much easier on the knee's. If you rodeo for long you a bound to have some good stories. lol. :cboy:

Yeah. That happened to me at a Little Britches Rodeo in Las Animas, CO. Poured the night before we got there and poured the night we stayed there. Enough said, the arena was soup. First time running my horse in muddy soup and she did ok. It was fun and messy. The one steer wrestler was covered. It was awesome!!! :D

-Angus Girl

Latest posts