Polaris Broke Down

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
I wish I would have had more patience till you guys posted to shy me away from the Polaris Ranger 6x6. It is broke down and I fear it will be expensive. Runs fine but will not go anywhere, transmission or gear box I guess. Started being hard to get in gear, much like when a clutch or throw bearing goes out on an automobile.

Wish I would have just held out for the Kawasaki Mule. I just can not see anything being cheap to fix on these things.

All thse Polaris anecdotes make me all the more glad I've got Kawasaki Mules

dun

Crowderfarms":1gxm9sx0 said:
dun":1gxm9sx0 said:

dun
Make that 2 of us Dun.Never have had any problems with our Mule.

I think I bought the Yugo of ATV's :(

I knew the Mules were the best (or maybe them Kubota's with diesel motor) got suckered into what I thought was a good used deal.

Long time ago when I use to ride and race dirt bikes, i bought a couple used ones, nothing but problems. But once I bought a new one, all that went away. I swore I would never buy a used dirt bike again. I figured it might be the same deal here. Plus I have never saw a used Mule.

Had to put a starter on my Mule. Dealers wanted between $400 -$500. No labor included.

I found one new for $120. A company in Michigan is selling aftermarket parts for Mules and they are as good or better than original equipment.

If it's a Yugo-laris, fill it with gas and you'll triple it's value

dun

MikeC":29uizbc3 said:
Had to put a starter on my Mule. Dealers wanted between $400 -$500. No labor included.

I found one new for $120. A company in Michigan is selling aftermarket parts for Mules and they are as good or better than original equipment.

I hope they sell oil,bought some gear oil for my mule from the dealer $5 dollars a quart,shoulda told him to forget it............good luck

Same thing happened to my cousin's. I'll holler at him and see what he did. Seems like parts were about $200 to fix. Not sure about the labor.

Crowderfarms":cd0t3f9e said:
dun":cd0t3f9e said:

dun

I'll 3rd it.

Over 450 hard hours and no problems at all. I probably should take it back for the recall, however. I just can't seem to do without it.

Tough luck aplus.

cypressfarms":1hylqrpr said:
Crowderfarms":1hylqrpr said:
dun":1hylqrpr said:

dun

I'll 3rd it.

Over 450 hard hours and no problems at all. I probably should take it back for the recall, however. I just can't seem to do without it.

Tough luck aplus.

What recall?

dun

Not everything is dandy in muleville. My 6 year old has over 3000 hr on it and last year I replaced the starter for $500 (MIKE C, where do you get those cheap parts?), this year the fan switch went out and a bearing went bad and didn't know it - replaced the fan switch, and the brake drum, etc - $980.

Kawasaki has a very high regard for their parts and labor. My 2003 mule has so far been flawless.

I'm not complaining, but things do happen and I am just the one to experience them. :mad:

Billy

The starter has gone out twice on the little mule. Took it to a local rewind shop the first time and he cleaned out the dirtdauber nests and rebuilt it. The last time I took it to him and all he had to do is clean out the daubers.

dun

dun":13w1o98h said:
The starter has gone out twice on the little mule. Took it to a local rewind shop the first time and he cleaned out the dirtdauber nests and rebuilt it. The last time I took it to him and all he had to do is clean out the daubers.
dun
Your lucky enough to still have a starter/generator shop. Battery shops where they built your battery for you are long gone. Starter/generator shops hard to find. The next to go will be radiator shops. It's different time.

Latest posts