Poisonous plants

Help Support CattleToday:

mermill2

Reaction score
Hi all, Does anyone know of a website or book, that lists the poisonous plant etc, for livestock Something that gives names,pictures etc. I am a beginner at this Merry Thanks to all

A book I've found to be very beneficial is "Southern Forages" which was written by Dr. Donald Ball, Dr. Carl Hoveland and Dr. Garry Lacefield. It discusses warm and cool season forages, soil testing, fertilization, nutritional requirement, poisonous plants, matching forages to livestock enterprises, etc. It's not so advanced that the average livestock producer can't understand it. My book has a copyright of 1991 but is still very applicable today. I'm not sure where to tell you find one now but I heard Dr. Lacefield speak at a forage symposium about a year ago and he still had some there. May be able to find it on the web.

Hi Evertbody, Thanks also to Horticattleman, Kyblockhead, and Diehard40, for their websites and suggestions, and a book suggestion. I should really get a good education on poisonous plants. Thanks again to all Merry