Pocket Knife Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

I carry a Case lock blade not sure the model. Carried a case canoe before this one. It's time for a new one and thinking a Sod Buster if I see one I like.

Always on me...
I dont wear a suit. Ever. Lol
20210602_202712.jpg
That lil Case has become my buddy. Found it in the old barn on this place. I know it was uncles or one of his brothers.

The guys at work dont ask for a pocket knife any more. I just look at em funny and ask...
What kind of a MAN doesnt carry a pocket knife??

I have box cutters in every vehicle, tractor, building etc. Just put a new blade in and they are good as new. I seem to lose every knife I carry or my sweat causes them to rust or corrode.

Camillus, but really never more than a $15 dollar knife. The longest I've ever made it with one knife is around 2 years before I lost it. Most way less. I like the folding box cutter blade knives, but clip knifes disappear the fastest it seems.
A 2 blade old camillus here too. They're cheap, will take a good edge (but won't hold it long) and pretty tough.camillustl29.jpg
they used to be called a TL29 electrician knife.

I have box cutters in every vehicle, tractor, building etc. Just put a new blade in and they are good as new. I seem to lose every knife I carry or my sweat causes them to rust or corrode.
I have a drawer full of Case pocket knives. I have collected them for years, I have several patterns the Saddlehorn, Sowbelly, Improved Muskrat, and Sodbuster. I really like the Tony Bose designed knives.
Never really liked the Trapper series.

My dad collected knives and had a pretty good collection. Not long before he passed away he must have sold them, traded them or what. After his passing I went to were he kelp his knife collection and very few were left. He had a lot of Case knives that had never been sharpened as I found maybe 10 after his passing. Those Case knives from viewing on the net have held their value or went up.

Gerber Auto. Really enjoy the auto open and holds an edge quite well.

1622737469251.png

I carried a case stockman from the time I was in fifth grade until we got a round baler with net wrap. Now I carry a folding box cutter.

I carry what used to be a 3 blade old timer, now only has 2 blades, can't remember how I broke the 3rd one. I lost it for a year and bought a 2 blade old timer that was a little smaller, found the old one in the back of my recliner the other day after a year, must've slipped out of my pocket one day while I was napping. Usually when stuff falls through my recliner it falls all the way through to the floor but the knife ended up hung in the back some how.

Clip on folding in LH plier holder. US Army machete in the loader cab, Grandpa's hatchet in the pickup,
and the family 5 ball spadroon in the safe.

I didn't know we were including long blades. This one, I will pass on to my youngest son or his son. A full 36" long. I have the frog for it but it's been so long since I executed order of arms I'd probably cut my ear off now.(They are sized to the wearer's height)
Probably the only blade I really ever placed any personal value on.

DSC00464.JPG

DSC00458.JPG

Last edited:
I really like the Mora Companions as well, they're cheap and good, and I like that the belt clip sheath can also be clipped onto your pocket (where I always wear mine)... I had swiss army knives and Buck knives, always lost them...
My fave buck knife was a promo gift with an Ingersoll Rand impact gun (with IR etched on it).. it was only a small knife, but a very nice one, had a loophole on the blade that you could get your thumb into and open one handed which was really nice

The Frosts knives were similar but I don't see them around much anymore

SST> The Spadroon had to be made sometime after the Revolutionary War and prior or during the War of 1812 as it has
a US Eagle hand guard. The story is my 3rd great grandfather used it in the process of extricating himself from the personal
attention of the British in Warren County, New York. It is our impression the original owner had no further use for it.
I have no written provenance for it other than what has been handed down. Frankly, it is amazing the blade is still intact as
it does not appear to be made for heavy usage.

Latest posts