Pocket Knife Poll

Help Support CattleToday:

JW IN VA

Reaction score
I know we have discussed it before but it's been a while.

Just curious what others do.

I carry a Buck Vantage Select tactical folder since I can open and close it with one hand. Carried a stockman for years before that. Or a SodbusterJr, yellow handle carbon.

Town, a smaller Vantage that replaced my Kershaw Skyline, black sodbuster jr or Leatherman Wingman. My Skyline got broken and isn't made any longer.

Dressed up, a small stockman and a Kershaw Leek.

Keep a Mora on the loader frame for baler twine and rough cutting.

I carry four knives on me at all times. If I am in a suit or in coveralls I have them with me.

1. A multi-tool - has been with me to every country I have ever been to.
2. A buck - Been to about 6 countries
3. A Swiss Army knife.
4. An old beater with a 5 inch blade that I got for an award when running a Case IH dealership in Berwyn, Alberta many years ago.

Hope all have a great day.

Cheers

Bez

I carry four knives on me at all times. If I am in a suit or in coveralls I always have them with me.

1. A multi-tool - Has been with me to every country I have ever been to.
2. A buck - Been to about 6 countries
3. A Swiss Army knife.
4. An old beater with a 5 inch blade that I got for an award when running a Case IH dealership in Berwyn, Alberta many years ago.

Hope all have a great day.

Cheers

Bez

Daddy carried a carbon steel Belknap stockman. A KaBar trapper he found stayed in his bib pocket during feeding season to cut twine.
Grandaddy had a Case stockman.
We used to have several Barlows around. New Holland gave them away in the 60s and 70s.

Always carried Case & always lost Case. A little too slick & fall out of my pocket. Started carrying a Bear Edge & really like it. Spring action. A little heavy but made in "Sweet Home Alabama " which is the main reason for the purchase. Super sharp & easy to keep sharp.

A lot of the cowboys around here carry a smallish sheath knife. It is worn in a nearly horizontal sheath on the front left side of of the belt. Pretty quick draw with the right hand and still acessable with the left hand. Pull it out and the blade is ready.

Little Old Timer 3 blade trapper and a Bic lighter everywhere I go. If I got clothes on they are in them.
Got a fixed blade similar to what Dave describes that I wear around a lot especially if I am riding.

Camillus, but really never more than a $15 dollar knife. The longest I've ever made it with one knife is around 2 years before I lost it. Most way less. I like the folding box cutter blade knives, but clip knifes disappear the fastest it seems.

Latest posts