Poacher and my new rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

angie":gsshezyr said:
Jogeephus":gsshezyr said:
I normally would have called the warden but I left my radio at the house and that is the only way I know to get him unless you call Atlanta.
Yes, what you say makes sense. Psychological control is more real than any other.
I was reading what you wrote, and thinking "Jogee must look and talk like Dirty Harry or something...."
Probably just Hairy and Dirty

You're right, I just couldn;t leave that one alone either

tncattle467":u6yjo3fm said:
I am not sure. I just know that one of the major points they brought up when getting my handgun carry permit was that if you shoot someone here in TN just to protect them from say stealing your lawn mower you are going to jail for murder and will lose your carry permit. The only time you are allowed to use deadly force without question is if they are inside the home there you can shoot first and ask questions later. If outside the home the only time you can use gun force is if someone pulls a gun on you first. If you feel they are just going to assault you or punch you in the nose you cannot use deadly force. Also, whether inside your home or outside your home, you can and more than likely will be sued in civil court for damages.
One thing I've always believed in is "If you have to think if you should pull your gun you should leave it in the holster"

At least in CA, we can't shoot anyone unless our (or someone else's) life is threatened. Seems reasonable. I don't really want to shoot someone stealing my bicycle. But if I confront that thief and I honestly feel threatened with great bodily harm, we still have the right to protect ourselves. In this thread, it is the gun being turned toward me that would change the outcome. You have to be able to instantly end the threat. Know what I mean?

Hope things go well with the situation, Jo. Here, deer season and mushroom hunting time are the two times when everyone feels they have free reign to go anywhere and everywhere. Really can be aggravating times. Here, before you decid to run someone off or have someone arrested, you have to measure how much you can take in the future if you do it. Is it worth getting the haystacks burned, the barns burned, cattle shot, gates opened in the middle of the night, fences cut between every 3rd or 4th post, etc. The same people who will go around at night and shoot deer from the road and leave them lay, will not hesitate to shoot a cow or burn something. Different areas are different. You just have to figure what cost you are willing to endure in order to keep a deer hunter off your land. By watching what my neighbors have gone through trying to keep hunters off, I have learned I am not going to spend my time doing it nor suffer the consequences of doing it. Hope yours turns out well.

tncattle467":118fdivs said:
gimpyrancher":118fdivs said:
At least in CA, we can't shoot anyone unless our (or someone else's) life is threatened. Seems reasonable. I don't really want to shoot someone stealing my bicycle. But if I confront that thief and I honestly feel threatened with great bodily harm, we still have the right to protect ourselves. In this thread, it is the gun being turned toward me that would change the outcome. You have to be able to instantly end the threat. Know what I mean?

From what I hear about the communist state of california is that most guns are illegal there.
Yah, whoever you are today, Thats just one more of your opinions.
Tom.

Trail Boss,

> From what I hear about the communist state of california is that most guns are illegal there.

Don't believe everything you hear about our state. We have our idiotic problems, vote an action figure as governor and have watched as our politicians have stolen everything including the gate and barn door. But we are still able to have most guns. It's harder to get some ammo. :drink:

gimpyrancher":10gkbu1q said:
Trail Boss,

Don't believe everything you hear about our state. We have our idiotic problems, vote an action figure as governor and have watched as our politicians have stolen everything including the gate and barn door.

Just wanted to say 'Hi" to a fellow Minnesotan! Now, lets get back to the task of ripping on Californifa.