Pneumonia

Help Support CattleToday:

medley123

Reaction score
I bought a 4 month old calf at the sale barn that has Pneumonia.This was 3 weeks ago,It has been with the other weened calves for 2 day it is running and playing fine.It does not breath hard or anything I can see.but is it ok or might it relapse,they are put up every nightand keep out of the rain. thanks

Relapse is always possible, that's why vaccinating calves is important. I doubt that he is a threat to the other cattle at this point so I would just keep an eye on him.

Larry

thanks larry,ONE more ? I'm new to cattle.can i turn him out and let him come and go on his own,or does he need to be put up a little longer out of the rain and dew.

I would just let him come and go as he pleases. In the summer I have cattle out on pasture that can't get in, they have plenty of shade and do fine.

Larry

larryshoat":3v7gosvg said:
I would just let him come and go as he pleases. In the summer I have cattle out on pasture that can't get in, they have plenty of shade and do fine.

Larry

Same here. Provided that they have shade in the summer, and something to break the wind in the winter, they will do fine. Mine never see the inside of a shelter.

Latest posts