Plowing Snow with Pics. [educational]

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
This is how we do it. 8)
With the short growing season :help: Time to plant the taters :nod: Sometimes you gotta go out and plow snow.
Don't take my word for it. :shock: Ask Misty Morning and Angie. :nod: They been out plowing snow. I bet. :banana: :banana:

P1010028.jpg

P1010027-1.jpg

I guess that is one way to get rid of the snow and put water in the dirt. :lol2:

Do that here (if we had snow) and you will need a jackhammer to plant taters.

Yep mnmt, done my fair share of plowing. :nod: Am really, really hoping to be done until next season now!

MM, Me too, I've had plenty of the white stuff, I don't care what they say I'm getting ready to plant crops. :cowboy:

Ya'll are going to starve those poor GPS salesman to death up there cause I guess you don't really need a GPS on a tractor when your plowing snow. :lol2:

I saw this back in the 60's in minn. while I was passing through truck driving. Went back home and told people how crazy they were up there in Minn. Out plowing snow.
I guess this finally explaines it for me after about 40 yrs.

Cal

Plowing is the only field work I do!
Never plowed snow, but once I pulled out a fence line. I had the drag on behind the plow, the drag was wider than the plow of course. Anyhow, I was watching the plow, wanting to get as close to the fence as possible, make the most of the field ~ yes?

Well I forgot about the drag and ruined about 200 feet of fencing before I noticed what I was doing.
:shock: :oops: :help: :mad:
Ever have that happen?

Maybe it's like the tounge stuck to the flagple thing. Get em to set in the seat and grab the wheel and you got em. :lol2:

I've heard there is N in snow, hope so. We've had 40-50 inches in April alone, all very wet and heavy.

Angie, I bet everyone thats done a bit of field work has clipped a fence or two. I have more then a couple skinned up trees too. :cowboy:

Plowing snow like this won't happen often. Usually the ground underneath is frozen solid.

i was thinking of a cold butt frozen soild to the tractor seat out plowing the snow under.

bigbull338":4krvfgxw said:
i was thinking of a cold butt frozen soild to the tractor seat out plowing the snow under.

BB, the snow was melting very rapidly. Early August sunshine and about 50 degrees.

mnmtranching":1odpyo3h said:
MM, Me too, I've had plenty of the white stuff, I don't care what they say I'm getting ready to plant crops. :cowboy:

Well now we know how you get so close to those pheasants.....gotta gun rack on that tractor?? :lol2:

TexasBred":2ib4gdnn said:
mnmtranching":2ib4gdnn said:

Well now we know how you get so close to those pheasants.....gotta gun rack on that tractor?? :lol2:

Not only get close to pheasants, but deer, turkeys, and all kinds of critters. 8)

mnmtranching":2ate8wmg said:
TexasBred":2ate8wmg said:
mnmtranching":2ate8wmg said:

Not only get close to pheasants, but deer, turkeys, and all kinds of critters. 8)

MM, sad but true..I drive down to the bottom and everything scatters. I get on the tractor and drive down to the bottom and the deer and such never even look up at me. I gotta mount me a gun on that rascal.

Latest posts