Please tell me what you think of my heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

SKF Show Cattle

Reaction score
Calves_2006_II_007.jpg

This is my heifer, she is 2 months old and is a maine angus. I am thinking of keeping her for a show heifer. Tell me what you think. Thank you!!
Victoria[/img]

I think the heifer needs more length and be straighter on her top and some more muscle. The heifer is still young and alot can change with young calves. She is still a nice looking heifer.

I would like to see her standing natural, without the halter. I think because of that, the transition at her topline with the withers (I know that's a Dairy term, but that's what I needed) looks to be off. She appears a little pinched at the heart, and funky into her shoulders. Again, I think I'm seeing that mostly because she is stretched too much. She looks like she has a lot of volume, width, and some great bone in those legs. Nice extension in her neck also.

She does look odd in the shoulder and in the rear flank also.. but I agree, I think it's because of the way she's standing.

Get a picture of her loose if you can. She does have good bone!

With what we see, I think she lacks volume, length, and muscle. Front shoulder is course. Looks like she might be sickle hocked. Wait and see, but I don't think she'll make a good show heifer.

SKF Show Cattle":371dkodo said:
Calves_2006_II_007.jpg

This is my heifer, she is 2 months old and is a maine angus. I am thinking of keeping her for a show heifer. Tell me what you think. Thank you!!
Victoria[/img]

Got any good Blueberry Pics?