Please, some help with facebook

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
I was part of a group of 4 friends that started in 7th grade and went well past high school graduation, the group grew and shrunk by many through that time but we always had the 4. Sad to say one of the 4 past away at 57 last week, service is over and I missed everything. So I'm reaching out to the others through Facebook, but I have no idea what I'm doing....

Can I send a private message to one of them, meaning a message that will not be seen by anyone else?

Second, by looking through their friends list, while the memories are great, I have no desire to contact them or have them contact me. What happens if one asks for a friend request and I don't want to be a friend? How is one polite and don't friend them?

Last for now, how do I see if I have a message? Right now I'm trying to gather info about what happened to my departed child hood friend and don't want to miss a message.

Thanks, the Facebook moron.

Alan to answer the first question, look for the folder symbol at the top of the page. That is where private messages can be sent without anyone else seeing them. just type in the name of the person you want to send the message to in the search box and select their name when it comes up. Type your message and hit post. As for the second question, when a friend request is sent you can just ignore the request or hit the not now button and it wont friend them. When you recieve a message back, it will show up as a red number on that folder symbol. I hope this helps. I dont know how to do a screen shot with my phone or i would show my page.

You can send them a message but they will most likely try to friend you. I dont friend anyone i dont know or havent talked to in the last year. I have had people ask to friend that i went to school with and was good friends then but then when I accepted and sent them a message they just ignored me so thats my rule and i dont care if it offends them or not. It should tell you at the top when you have a message. There will be a number 1 over the thing where you click to see it.

Lots of times when you send a message to someone your not friends with it goes into their other folder. Not everyone ever checks or even knows about that one.

Latest posts