Please HELP NOW COW WITH BAG ON WATER HASNG OUT

Help Support CattleToday:

DSCN0517.jpg

DSCN0518.jpg

DSCN0519.jpg

kypops":1k5sqnkw said:
the calf is doing great. i thought when u cross a herefore heifer with a angus u should get a all black with a white face.
but i got a beautful heiford she is all black except one small white spot in the middle of her forhead and it looks like a star. one white at the end of here tail. i got picture but havent found out how to send them yet ,,i will keep trying.
we got about 9in of snow on the ground sapose to get 3 more tonight. will keep u updated have to go check in and see if hooknline had there calf yet. my cow had hers and every thing cleaned up in 1 hr. i thought that was fast.
After seeing both the calf and the cow I would say the cow is a red baldy and not straight Hereford. It normally takes at least 2 generations of a solid colr cross to eliminate that much of the white face

update and more ? my new calf is doing great. we have about 12 or more in of snow on the ground and the calf has to jump like a rabbit and it is so funny to watch her.and i have another cow just about to calf in about a week. but the new one trys to suck the others teats.and the cow kicks at her.
now for my ? . hold old does the new calf have to be to eat feed or corn. she allready chews on hay .i guess she is eating it. and does it need water. all this while she is sucking her mom.
oh!! the bull we had in the one pic well we took him to the sale barn on monday. he weight 1180lb. he would not leve the girls alone.we only have the 2 cows he need a lot more.and he was to much for my hub and i to handle him . so next time we will try AI .and he was eating us out house and home. a lot cheeper now.

char

We either have a water bucket or tank so the calf can reach it for water, they will watch momma drink and eventually stick there noses in and drink. Calf still young yet for grain or if you want you could get some creep feed for her but you want to use a calf gate or something so momma doesnt eat the grain for it. Momma's milk should be fine for a while yet if she is milkin good. You dont want calf sucking on pregnant cow, good she kicks it away. AI is good choice. Less work and safer then messin with a bull for sm operation. Enjoy the calf. We are still waitin for our first one of the season and its just as nerve racking as the very first one! lol. You have more snow than us, we have about 5" still on ground.