Please HELP NOW COW WITH BAG ON WATER HASNG OUT

Help Support CattleToday:

kypops

Reaction score
need help now its about the siz of a soft ball yellow at the botton and bloodie at tthe top. I am shaking all oner help
char

kypops":1m6sfcb0 said:
need help now its about the siz of a soft ball yellow at the botton and bloodie at tthe top. I am shaking all oner help
char

Calm down. If this is a cow, not a heifer, go in the house. Come back in an hour. If there's not a calf, go in the house another hour. If there's not a calf and she seems distressed, call the vet.

Sounds like the miracle of birth is starting. Watched one yesterday exactly the same. Caution hide and be quite. They are just like people. Respect her privacy and things will go smother. If you do not you could cause a problem just because of curiosity.
Enjoy

Relax, you are about to see a miracle in the next couple of hours. Stay back where the cow won't see you, she will be up, down, spin around, act like she is not working at it. A watched pot never boils! Be patient, give her a couple of hours. If she starts working steady but you don't see both feet, bring her in and take a look! 95% of the time the cow will handle it on her own. :D @

thanks for all the replys glad you all game to my rescure. she is a first time heifer,
only up date is she ate and is laying down in the barn. yes she is having contractions.THE BAG HAS NOT BROKE YET.i guess i will leaver her alone for a while.
will check back in a hour and let you all now.

Thank CHAR

Seems everyone is beating me to calving! Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine.

There will be another sac with the actual calf in it. Should see feet coming out.

WELL WE CAME IN THE HOUSE A WAITED ABOUT 1 HR AND WENT TO CHEAK A WE GOT A BLACK CALR THE MOM IS CLEAING IT UP KNOW. DONT KNOW IF IT HAS A WHITE FACE YET STILL LAYING. IAM SO HAPPY. UPDATE LATER.

THANKS CHAR

Congrats, now you just have to make sure it gets up and nurses within a reasonable amt of time. If you go to health board they have pics of cows calving at the top of the page or you can do a search on calving for furture reference. :banana:

DB, don't rain on her parade!!

I still find it exciting to have a new calf, whether I watch the whole thing, or I find it the next morning!

It's probably one of the few things that I am NOT cynical about!

So.... let her enjoy it :) :nod:

Congrats Char and hubby

dieselbeef":66976gpz said:
i know ..jus funnin..i had to cuzza the panic posts....

cows get along 99.9 w/o us..so let em...
I don't think it's quite 99.9%. That would mean you only have to assist one birth per thousand.

the calf is doing great. i thought when u cross a herefore heifer with a angus u should get a all black with a white face.
but i got a beautful heiford she is all black except one small white spot in the middle of her forhead and it looks like a star. one white at the end of here tail. i got picture but havent found out how to send them yet ,,i will keep trying.
we got about 9in of snow on the ground sapose to get 3 more tonight. will keep u updated have to go check in and see if hooknline had there calf yet. my cow had hers and every thing cleaned up in 1 hr. i thought that was fast.