Please help --Hurrry

Help Support CattleToday:

AtoZ

Reaction score
We just found a small testicle on our show steer. The place we bought him from clamped him twice and we thought they had him but if you feel he still has a small one and he is a March 06 calf weighing 800#. My other and main concern is he has been with two of our show heifers that have been in heat a month ago could he have breed them and if so can I abort them with a shot??

How old is he? He may not be mature enough to breed anything yet. To get that other testicle out take him to the vet and have them do it. Its your best bet.

The steer(?) is a March calf of 06 and i have not been watching for the heifers but i will start. Thanks for the help and keep them coming !!

If he does still have one testicle up inside, then it's something the vet needs to deal with; a routine castration with a knife is something ranchers can do, but once you start talking about going up into the abdomen... you need a vet to do it. IMO take him in and have him checked out.

On the heifers, if he does have one testicle he may have bred them, just to be safe I'd Lute both of the heifers and keep them separate from your "steer" until you know for sure if he is or isn't, or have remedied the problem if there is one. LOL.

My question is how small is it scar tissue? Is it in the scrotum? Have it checked out by a vet if it is functional have it surgically removed. Usally if it is too close to the body cavity the body temp will kill the sperm. But have him checked out, as far as the heifers get them palpated before needling them.

Latest posts