Pleasantly surprised!

Help Support CattleToday:

haven't checked around here lately, but made an appointment in April of this year and booked the first available date (December 2022) Glad you were able to get in soon.

Guess the craziness is cooling down.
I'd agree with that. I can get in about a month ahead at a new processor, downside is its a hour & 15 minute drive. Though, everyone is keeping their appointments, no cancellations around here anyway. I have a March appointment for a closer one but as of now, nothing to take.lol

When I contacted the processor to schedule a visit to freezer camp for a couple of calves yesterday, I was able to get an appointment the end of June. I was thinking it would be more like a year out.
I would be interested to know which processor you're using because the one in Muenster is telling it's a year out. You can direct message me your reply if you want.

Our processors are only about 3 months out now, a year ago they were at least a year out. From what they're telling me alot of people booked dates and never had an animal to butcher, so on the books they were slammed when in reality they weren't. One of my processors told me just to call if I had one that needed butchered pretty quick and he'd work me in. When I dropped some off back in the spring there was a few steers in a pen that looked to be 700 lbs of pure frame, no finish at all, people were panicking and just butchering anything.

That's awesome. I hadn't heard that news but had heard about a new processor in the works up in Nocona. Where in Bowie are you located?

I hope to have my processing plant going before the end if the year at Bowie Tx.
The end of the year is only a little over 3 weeks away and the Christmas holidays are in that time period.
Do you have a website for us to look at for prices and services or you can message me?

That's awesome. I hadn't heard that news but had heard about a new processor in the works up in Nocona. Where in Bowie are you located?
If you are coming into Bowie from Montague on 59, hang a left at the flashing yellow light and then we are 3/4 mile down on your left.

The end of the year is only a little over 3 weeks away and the Christmas holidays are in that time period.
Do you have a website for us to look at for prices and services or you can message me?
No website at this point. It is a bear trying to keep people on the job at the moment. I am not guaranteeing I will be open then, but pushing hard to get there. Ready to stop spending $ and finally make a little.

Latest posts