Plattemere weigh up

Help Support CattleToday:

Hogtiming

Reaction score
I was just going threw dads semen tank inventory and found 20 straws of weigh up. Does anyone have any experience of his calves.

You have a little lottery ticket. His semen has been pretty high lately.
Check out sirebuyer.com under Angus semen and you can see what his semen has been selling for.
If he was good enough for Deer Valley to buy part of him, he has to be pretty good.
I think some of his calves have more eye appeal than he does.
And I would say he is probably more popular since his semen isn't available then he was before.
Good luck.
Also, you might want to check out the Deer Valley catalogs under archived catalogs on angus.org to see some of his calves.

Here is one of his sons...
http://www.deervalleyfarm.com/herd-sire ... ique-5635/

Thanks for the info. I wonder what kind of frame size his calves have at maturity. The unique bull looks good

Haven't looked at his DOC EPDs lately but I will say that the only cow we've culled for disposition was his. (And the dam you could pet).

Hogtiming":vsf11n1m said:
Doc is 18. Sounds like the upward came out in yours?
Not really sure. She just kind of turned...Couldn't be worked, wouldn't load...couldn't get her in the barn. Vet had to come out with tranq gun so I could get a CIDR out. Took multiple doses of Rompum. Gave her a few weeks and she still was sketchy, so she is now in the freezer. Was bummed, she was a good cow up to the moment she wasn't. She was never aggressive per se, just would break through any fence to get away from whatever you wanted her to do. So was unsafe to keep, and once we saw her true colors we sure didn't want to breed her anyway...

Latest posts