Plastic Wrap for Dry Hay Storage?

Help Support CattleToday:

VZCR":2bc3ugkd said:
I like this. I think it will work in a round baler with net wrap option.
http://www.aepinc.com/agriculture/balerwrap.html
I ordered info on it. Anybody here have experience with it?
If you are going to wrap dry hay you need to have the moisture content below 12% when you put the plastic on the bale. Because most people round bale hay when the moisture content is 15-22%, it is not a good idea to wrap hay from the baler chamber as it is baled if you hay is not powder dry. You can wrap hay baled in the 15-22% range if you let it cure out for a couple weeks if you have normal weather.

ironpeddler":10v4ges3 said:
VZCR":10v4ges3 said:
I like this. I think it will work in a round baler with net wrap option.
http://www.aepinc.com/agriculture/balerwrap.html
I ordered info on it. Anybody here have experience with it?
If you are going to wrap dry hay you need to have the moisture content below 12% when you put the plastic on the bale. Because most people round bale hay when the moisture content is 15-22%, it is not a good idea to wrap hay from the baler chamber as it is baled if you hay is not powder dry. You can wrap hay baled in the 15-22% range if you let it cure out for a couple weeks if you have normal weather.
Well Nix that idea then, it will be a long time before I get powder dry around here........Thanks! :lol:

I looked at the link because I wanted to see what the attachment looked like. I couldnt see anything about price or a picture of it. Just the finished bales.

Does it just set up your baler to use the wrap instead of the twine or net.

3MR":3tvabwtt said:
I looked at the link because I wanted to see what the attachment looked like. I couldnt see anything about price or a picture of it. Just the finished bales.

Does it just set up your baler to use the wrap instead of the twine or net.
Yep, the info there suggests you can apply it instead of net wrap.

Sunfilm? Baler Wrap is a single sided 1.5 mil cling film that is applied to dry hay in the bale chamber as a replacement for net wrap and twine

But I was a little worred about moisture accumilation and mold between the hay and the plastic, and the hay not airing out enough. :?: