Planting tomato's

Help Support CattleToday:

houstoncutter

Reaction score
Well I gave up and mudded my plants in today. It dont look pretty but at least there in the ground....Anybody else put theirs in the ground yet?

I put mine out today. Mud is the least of my worries here. I usually grow them up into april in the greenhouse but the one good storm we have had shredded my greenhouse so I figured that if I just planted out everything in it I could procrastinate on putting it back together. :D

You guys crack me up. I can't even think about planting a tomato for another 2 1/2 months. We have frost some years until June 10th

We just started our seeds inside today, and we still might be too early. Thursday it's supposed to get down to 5 degrees.

3waycross":27pumswc said:
You guys crack me up. I can't even think about planting a tomato for another 2 1/2 months. We have frost some years until June 10th

By July were just about done here. Blossoms wont set in the heat. Have had a few varieties that made fruit in the past, but they seem to have taken those seeds of the market. I would love to get my hands on some Merced seeds. Those made all summer long.

Solar Fire did pretty good last year up until August

We started our indeterminates from seed 2 weeks ago in the garage. We won't put them out for about another month. We got them started late this year, but it is hard to think about growing things when their is 2 inches of ice on the ground. Tomorrow has a high of 81 and the day after has a low of 33. Texas weather...

I kept tomatoes in the pot next year and I'm thinking that it might be too late to plant it outside now......

Latest posts