Planning next calf crop

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have spent the past couple of days picking AI sires for the next breeding season. The ET matings are in the tank, we plan to flush A couple starting the end of September to add a few more matings into the ET mix. So far we will be putting eggs in out of the following matings:

Champion Hill Emblynette 8502 x Resource
SAV Blackcap May 0524 x SAV Abundance 6117
SAV Abigale 913 x SAV Sensation
Sinclair Queen Mother 6R109 x coleman EXT 6149
SAV Blackcap May 0524 x Coleman EXT 6149
Sinclair Queen Mother 6R109 x SAV Reign

We will be flushing 0524 and SAV Blackbird 9057 both will be flushed to SAV Renown for sure then I am thinking Extension.

AI sires for the cow herd will be:

SAV Abundance 6117
SAV Reign
SAV Extension
Bruin Torque
SAV Resource
SAV Renown
Coleman Ext 6149
BC Matrix 4132

Edited to add Coleman Charlo

I am looking at Coleman Maverick for heifers but need to research him a bit more before I make the final call.

Anyone else already working on next season, if so what bulls are you planning to use?

Gizmom

Will be using a couple of bulls from the 195 cow: one is a son/dam mating, one is a by an old Shoshone bull, Might need to consider using her other two sons, both full brothers by our old 715 bull. If I AI I would use a linebred Graham linked bull or maybe another old Shoshone bull or two. Working on different lines and generally breeding within lines. Or I have other bulls that ought to be used. Sometime I am going back and use the old Paramont Ambush bull on selected cows. Those worked well. Maybe I ought to do a few of them in 2019. Don't need to raise anything with extra calving ease right now that I know of so will not be using any of that type semen but those bulls do sell well. Sometimes time and restraints set up what I do. I'll know more in about 10 months.

I've got them ordered.

Musgrave Apache
Baldridge Compass
LD capitaliist
SAV Resource (used Renown for 2 years and like what I got but will change to Resource for the last year).
Sampling Basin Rainmaker

Ken

Calves due next fall/ spring by:

Capitalist 316
Connealy Courage
JMB Traction
SAV Raindance (sorted)

Plan to use:

Capitalist 316
Capitalist
SAV Raindance (sorted)
TEX Playbook
Hoover Dam

Cows:
Glory
Protocol
Remedy
Niagara
Resource

Heifers:
Tahoe

Flushes:
Blueprint
Playbook
Hoover S4
Maybe Growth Fund or Power play

Last month the cows were AI'd to
Raven Powerball 53
Sitz Investment
SAV Bismarck

Heifers
Basin Excitement
Hereford Heifers
Validated

Next year considering picking 2-3 of the following
-SAV Quaterback, Mohnen Success, S Powerpoint, SAV Extension, Connealy Concord, SAV Supercharger, Connealy Legendary, SAV Bismarck and Sitz Alpine. (too many options)
Hereford's will get TH Frontier.

anything is subject to change
flush to
Extension
Raindance
Response
Right Time, maybe

breed to
Extension
Legend
Double XL
Discovery