Plane Down...

Help Support CattleToday:

Just Curious

Reaction score
I can only imagine what the "Sea Kitten" (P.E.T.A.) crowd is going to say to US Airways for killing that bird not to mention all of the sea kittens that are probably suffering from post aircraft submersion syndrom....

I think there is already talks of a lawsuit for killing the birds. I sure hope they didn't leak any jet fuel in the water, else they will sue for poisoning the sea kittens. Next thing you know, they will be trying to ban all flight because it is dangerous for the animals, I can see it now! :nod:

Won't be surprised by that bunch. They went after the town of Ringling trying to get them to change their name too, offered them a years supply of veggie burgers to do.
We still have a Ringling, Montana.

Now if Whitefish changes their name to White Kitten I sure hope they realize they will be opening the door for some more stupid things. I can see it at a sporting events now, "Here Kitty Kitty Kitty." To think if they loose, "You poor puddy cats." They will open themselves up for everything.

You've sure got to hand it to that pilot? Both engines out in the middle of Manhattan and he lays it down on the river with no loss of life? He was the last one out after making two checks the whole length of the plane to make sure everyone was out. A real hero in my opinion.

Alberta farmer":1t6bj4sx said:
You've sure got to hand it to that pilot? Both engines out in the middle of Manhattan and he lays it down on the river with no loss of life? He was the last one out after making two checks the whole length of the plane to make sure everyone was out. A real hero in my opinion.

The flight track was amazing. Swung hard left and lined up perfectly on the river. I'm sure that was the most intense 3 or 4 minutes that those folks will ever experience. I agree about the pilot being a hero, for sure.

Red Bull Breeder":2s9j1zjj said:
155 people on board, no loss of life. News says it was the perfect crash landing.

A seasoned pilot once told me that all landings are nothing more than "controlled falls". Some are just controlled better than others. Sounds like this Captain had great skills and a cool head. My hat is off to him the rest of the crew and the rescue workers. :tiphat:

The whole thing is absolutely amazing. The pilot although doing his job, is a true hero, it could have been a devastating loss of lives...

I want that flight crew the next time I fly.. :D

I was in a helicopter crash once. I still lose sleep over that memory. I wasn't badly hurt but a couple of guys in my unit were badly injured. Mostly by unsecured equipment flying around upon impact. That auto-rotation ain't what it's cracked up to be but I guess with a copter there is no "glide". This pilot of the US Air jet was a former fighter pilot. There is a lot of training and contingincy planning among those guys.

Latest posts