Pipeline Explosion

Help Support CattleToday:

brenda

Reaction score
Have a pipeline going in about 2 miles from the house. They were testing pressure on the pipe yesterday and had a blow out. One killed and three injured, one still critical. Rocked the house. Work for the local newspaper, so I've been on location gathering news. Sad situation. Man that was killed was only 40 with three little girls. Keep their family in your prayers. They were from around Lake Charles, La area.

Glad you're ok-will put family in my prayers...Darned shame..

Very sad. His name was James Candler from Sulphur La which is about 10 miles from Lake Charles.

Fred":3ij1n7i8 said:
Very sad. His name was James Candler from Sulphur La which is about 10 miles from Lake Charles.

is Sulphur anywhere near Amite or Hammond in La, as I know where they are. My Husbands folks are from that way.

chrisy":3vo4vd9r said:
Fred":3vo4vd9r said:

is Sulphur anywhere near Amite or Hammond in La, as I know where they are. My Husbands folks are from that way.
Sulphur is in Southwest La, about 20 miles from the Texas border. Hammond is in the Southeast part of La.

If you know the family, please let them know they are in our prayers. I saw a photo of him and his family, I know his wife and little girls are devastated. Like I said, this is right here at our house, and I go by the site everyday. Apparently he never knew what hit him, he was killed instantly. But the other three men, are doing ok. Thank God for this. I hope his company takes care of his family.

That's bad news indeed. I really hate it for him and his family.

Now here comes O.S.H.A. to really inflict some pain and suffering.

Latest posts