Pipe size for H brace?

Help Support CattleToday:

pricefarm

Reaction score
What size pipe would you want to use for the brace of a H brace ? Would 2" round and 1/8" thick be enough or over kill?

I'm sure fence and others will chime in but 2 inch diameter 1/8 inch wall won't be overkill but it's thick enough.

I personally use 4 1/2" diameter 1/4" wall uprights and 2 3/8" diameter ~7/32" wall brace. I do it as much for longevity as looks.

I'm sure fence and others will chime in but 2 inch diameter 1/8 inch wall won't be overkill but it's thick enough.

I personally use 4 1/2" diameter 1/4" wall uprights and 2 3/8" diameter ~7/32" wall brace. I do it as much for longevity as looks.
I'll be using wood post but thought I would use metal pipe for the brace.

I drive two eight foot long 2 7/8 pipe three feet into the ground. I connect them horizontally with a 2 3/8 pipe cut to length. If I'm welding them, I'll saddle cut and join them. If I can't get a welder to them, i'll cut with a sawzz-all and join them using a pipe-bullet.

www.bulletfence.com
I had to do a Google search for pipe bullet. Once I got past all the pot smoking paraphernalia I discovered a pretty slick looking way to join pipe lol

Edit: I didn't notice your link until afterwards

Bulletfence is prettier no doubt. Me I just use two T post and clamp them together to where they fit snug between the uprights then notch a T in the
upright and fit them in. I do cross over the T brace by X wiring between the uprights with # 9 wire. I usually can find a broken T around so I don't
have to use good ones. This will last until the posts rot off or the fence gets 'bullified'. I confess to being more artfull around the house yard lest
the Mrs become a widow........