Pipe finally got here

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
After a small delay in my pipe deliver I finally got the load of pipe in and I installed the irrigation in one day. (I'm pleased with how the irrigation turned out in spite of the fact I did not use a pencil and paper.) Then it started raining. :lol2: Here is what the garden is looking like as of today and I'm ready for a drought.

IMG_6112.jpg

OP
Jogeephus

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Yep. I got 12 or 13 out of that patch last year. The drought hit worst just as the corn was tassling and I stuck a soaker hose down a few rows just so I'd have something but the coons destroyed what few rows that actually made corn. This is why I stuck the irrigation in. I mean to have sweet corn this year.

bigbull338

Reaction score
man you have a big nice clean garden there.being able to irragate it will come in handy.

ohiosteve

Reaction score
That's one beauty of a garden you got there. Looks like you could feed a small village. Did you use certified organic green pipe?

A

Anonymous

How many heads are you running and what's your pump? Is it zoned?
I've been thinking about doing the fields here at the house like that but using t posts so the cows don't bust em down.

OP
Jogeephus

Jogeephus

Reaction score
ohiosteve":1ehwayr2 said:
That's one beauty of a garden you got there. Looks like you could feed a small village. Did you use certified organic green pipe?

But of course. Why grow anything inorganically when I can get sevenfold the price for organic. :lol2: I do grow a lot but its unfortunate that so few of the village people will come out and pick it cause I give the surplus away.

Hook, I just replumbed the well and ran 1.5 inch pipe to the garden then necked the trunk line down to 1" then went with some irrigation sprinkler heads off a pivot system at 3/4". At 50 psi, its tossing about 90' diameter and somwhere around 18 gpm. I still need to refine a few things but it will wet it right quick.

cow pollinater

Reaction score
Looks good.
I'm wondering how well you'll hit the back rows of corn one it gets up a little taller as the trajectory of the water will send it into the taller cornstalks but I'm sure you'll get the bugs worked out.

OP
Jogeephus

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I'll have to watch it and see. The water is about 12 feet above the ground and the nozzles are from a center pivot so it actually is sending more water to the outside than the inside of the arc since its designed for a walking pivot. I could buy some nozzles with disperses on them but I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. I have a good bit of overlap set but will still have some weak spots in the corners. I was tempted to mount some risers in these corners too but getting a sprinkler to only do a percentage of a rotation is sometimes hard to keep it working and I figured it wasn't worth the aggrevation or the cost. I hope I don't have to use them at all but had I had it last year I would have made corn instead of just a few ears.

TexasBred

Reaction score
3waycross":17c2w8vt said:
Nice garden Jo. That's more corn than we have in the whole county!
Have you ever seen such a great looking garden. Perfection....heck my living room ain't that clean. :lol:

OP
Jogeephus

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Thanks. I don't know how much longer I can keep it this clean and stay organic. I've been pretty steady with the ferrous oxide treatments. I may have an outlet for some of the produce and hope to be selling some corn shortly if I can make it before everyone else does. I should be picking squash tomorrow and the beans aren't far from being ready. Does anyone know whether or not non-reported income is taxable? If it is, I was wondering if I just left the governments share in the garden and they can pick it themselves.

A

Anonymous

Hard to leave 40% sitting in the field waiting for the gvt officials to figure out how to do the paperwork to pick it.

Latest posts