PINZGAUER CATTLE

Help Support CattleToday:

PINZ Farmer

Reaction score
Hey, recently i have found alot of info about pinzgauer cattle and the great attributes that they have. does anyone on here raise, show, or have any websites or info about them. from what i have found they seem like a very solid breed and i am thinking about callin a breeder that is relatively close to my area. i live in west central Ohio and i have heard of a couple ranches around here so thank you for any help you can give me.

joe

I agree they'e solid cattle. Butthe downside is if you market them through a sale barn they're generally treated like longhorns because of the stripe. I really think the buyers know the difference, it's just a way to be able to pay less. The other problem is the depth of the gene pool. There just aren't the proven genetics like there are in more common breeds. They used to have horrible calving problems but that's most likely been addressed and corrected.

dun

PINZ Farmer":3nnawoun said:
Hey, recently i have found alot of info about pinzgauer cattle and the great attributes that they have. does anyone on here raise, show, or have any websites or info about them. from what i have found they seem like a very solid breed and i am thinking about callin a breeder that is relatively close to my area. i live in west central Ohio and i have heard of a couple ranches around here so thank you for any help you can give me.

joe

Hi, I too am new to the Pinzgauer Breed. My first calf was born on April 19th. Was due on May 7th but came early without a problem...in the middle of the afternoon. Calf weighed about 86 pounds. I'm actually new to raising cattle. The American Pinzgauer Association has lots of info on the breed. Address is PO Box 147 Bethany, MO 64424....660-425-8617

We raise Pinzgauer cattle and just wanted to let you know that I know of NO HORRIBLE calving problems within the breed. Like any breed, there can be trouble, but as a responsible breeder these animals will be culled. Personally, we have had no problems. We do not sell through a sales barn as all of our animals are sold through direct marketing. This is a specialty breed, with the emphasis on tender meat. You can start your search for info at http://www.pinzgauers.org. I would be happy to send you a brochure if you would like! Good Luck in your search, Tracie :cboy:

Latest posts