pinkeye medicine

Help Support CattleToday:

tnrichie

Reaction score
i am looking for some gentamicine does anyone know were to get this med.the local vet the local co-op and tractor supply doesnt carry the medicine...or can someone tell me something else that is good for pinkeye....and what is everyones thought on la 200 as a pink eye medicine

I'm no expert but in my area LA200 is pretty much the medecine used for pinkeye. I've had 3 calves with it this year and they have all been given this along with an eye full of Furall spray. All their eyes cleared up in just a few days.

Spectinomycin (sp) is my drug of choice. I just squirt it in their eye with a syringe and they are better by the next day. I sometimes do it in the pasture by drive by squirting.

The spray you are asking for is usually an back order, try Valley Vet, or Jeffers on line, but LA200 works well, just have to deal with the injection site reactions of that drug, give SQ not IM

Craig-TX":288ona11 said:
ollie":288ona11 said:
...sometimes do it in the pasture by drive by squirting...

LOL That paints a funny picture. The cowman's version of a drive-by.

Craig-TX

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never thought of it that way :D Nicely put.
As for Spectinomycin (sp) where can u get this? Is it available anywhere or vet only. Also is pinkeye what it is for?

Double R Ranch":2dp7yabs said:
Craig-TX":2dp7yabs said:
ollie":2dp7yabs said:
...sometimes do it in the pasture by drive by squirting...

LOL That paints a funny picture. The cowman's version of a drive-by.

Craig-TX

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never thought of it that way :D Nicely put.

Shades of "clip clop clip clop bang, clip clop clip clop bang"

dun

I was under the impression Gentomicine is not labeled for cattle (the injectable)... am I wrong? Seems to me years ago my vet in Illinois said it would be something like 16 months withdrawl...

Latest posts