Pinkeye--maybe this will help you....

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

To anyone that is having a pinkeye problem this year, hopefully this will help you. Our MFA Ag Exchange recommended adding 2.5# of ADE to your loose mineral mix to help eliminate Pinkeye. We tried it last year which was the first year in several that we had NO PINKEYE!! We did it again this year, but have some cattle on rental pasture & some at home. The ones on rental have been getting the ADE & the ones at home haven't. The ones on rental don't get spayed for flies like the ones at home do, but have dry, clear eyes. Some of the ones at home are starting to get the tearing which is the precursor to pinkeye. We are going to put the ADE in their mineral immeciately!! Good luck, Darla *.~
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://members.xoom.com/murraygreys/">MIDWEST MURRAY GREY ASSOCIATION</a></ul>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Sorry, It is Vitamin A, D & E. Usually comes in a 5# or 10# bag. It is a course powder.<br>Terramycin Crumbles work extremely well for treating pinkeye. Added to feed at the rate of 1 cup per 1000# of body weight.<br>I'll try to be clearer from now on, Darla *.~<p>: What is ADE?<br>: <p>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://members.xoom.com/Star_K/">Star K Ranch Murray Greys</a></ul>

[email protected]

Thanks Darla,<br>i have used "Terramycin Crumbles" (or generic version) for treating small cases of Scours. Should i <br>feed this daily or just when i see a problem?<br>alex<p><br>
<br>

Alex,<br>You are very welcome.<br>I start feeding it as soon as I see signs of the pinkeye (red eye with lots of watering) & feed it till all signs disappear. Usually only takes 2-3 days if that long. If it has gotten too far along, I have the vet give a shot of antibiotic in the eye & sew the eye shut to keep out sunlight & irritants.<br>Good luck, Darla *.~ <p>: Thanks Darla,<br>: i have used "Terramycin Crumbles" (or generic version) for treating small cases of Scours. Should i <br>: feed this daily or just when i see a problem?<br>: alex<p><br>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://members.xoom.com/Star_K/">Star K Ranch Murray Greys</a></ul>

[email protected]

My greatest success with pink eye is to get the cow or calf into the chute and blow a handful of table salt into the eye. If you hit the eye it will immediately begin to water; if you miss or if the cow closes her eye as you blow the eye will not water. This is an old time remedy told to me by an old timer, and it is the best medicine for pink eye. I have also quit using vaccines to prevent pink eye, but have increased the use of fly tags in their ears. These work really well.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":162vie3a said:
: Sorry, It is Vitamin A, D & E. Usually comes in a 5# or 10# bag. It is a course powder.<br>: Terramycin Crumbles work extremely well for treating pinkeye. Added to feed at the rate of 1 cup per 1000# of body weight.<br>: I'll try to be clearer from now on, Darla *.~<p>: : What is ADE?<br>: : <p>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

Latest posts