Pimento cheese and old folks............:)

Help Support CattleToday:

Grate cheddar cheese, add a jar of diced pimentos and mayo. It's not a lost art. Started because it's awesome.

john250":1dz9d9ze said:
ga.prime":1dz9d9ze said:
Grate cheddar cheese, add a jar of diced pimentos and mayo. It's not a lost art. Started because it's awesome.

Not because it's low fat??? Darn, I was so wrong about that!

Only low fat things worth eating are vegetables..... :lol: and they pretty much always taste better with fat added

ga.prime":3otyd2oz said:
:nod: with a glass of milk Yummmm

My Mama made the very best pimento cheese in the world. For some reason I cannot duplicate it. I use the exact same measurements and still not as good.

On a side note for a little change add pineapple in. Yummy.

warpaint":h1jvold8 said:
My Mama made the very best pimento cheese in the world. For some reason I cannot duplicate it. I use the exact same measurements and still not as good.

That's because you can taste Mama's :heart: , ....and nobody can duplicate that :)

CottageFarm":3fgs2tc1 said:
warpaint":3fgs2tc1 said:

That's because you can taste Mama's :heart: , ....and nobody can duplicate that :)
Maybe only Grandma ;-)

Pimento and cheese sandwiches on soft white bread with the crusts cut off! My great aunt, who was from Texas, used to make these at my request whenever she came to visit. Never knew anyone else who ever made them, but they're still a favorite that has lived on long after she has gone.

2/B or not 2/B":393eyq2q said:
Pimento and cheese sandwiches on soft white bread with the crusts cut off! My great aunt, who was from Texas, used to make these at my request whenever she came to visit. Never knew anyone else who ever made them, but they're still a favorite that has lived on long after she has gone.
Yep that is how " we " make em in Texas! Got to be cut in triangles though...........:) RIght? :)

Kingfisher":2qkxj4iz said:
2/B or not 2/B":2qkxj4iz said:
Yep that is how " we " make em in Texas! Got to be cut in triangles though...........:) RIght? :)

Yeah, cut in half diagonal then cut in half again...so little triangles. As a kid I thought these were just the greatest. Well, still do but now I have to make them for myself and no, they don't get cut in little triangles anymore.

2/B or not 2/B":2okqke2y said:
Kingfisher":2okqke2y said:
2/B or not 2/B":2okqke2y said:

Yeah, cut in half diagonal then cut in half again...so little triangles. As a kid I thought these were just the greatest. Well, still do but now I have to make them for myself and no, they don't get cut in little triangles anymore.

You still cut the crusts off then? :D

LRTX1":k33a70q3 said:
2/B or not 2/B":k33a70q3 said:

You still cut the crusts off then? :D

Ha ha, yeah actually I do. It's just not the same with the crusts left on :)

Latest posts