Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 1000 lbs

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kevin sisson

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am going to look at two cow calf pairs this week end. The mothers are three year old Herfords and the calves are half piedmontese. My question is will this make a good cross, both calves are heifers? Iwas thinkging off keeping the calves as replacements and keeping the cows of corse. I mostly have Sim cattle with some other breeds, don't have to worry about selling at a sale barn, I sell local to a feedlot. So I usually don't get docked for anything, usually. Thanks for any input. O, he wants $1,000 a pair and calves are three months old.

Kevin sisson":n80zt9iz said:
Hello everyone, I am going to look at two cow calf pairs this week end. The mothers are three year old Herfords and the calves are half piedmontese. My question is will this make a good cross, both calves are heifers? Iwas thinkging off keeping the calves as replacements and keeping the cows of corse. I mostly have Sim cattle with some other breeds, don't have to worry about selling at a sale barn, I sell local to a feedlot. So I usually don't get docked for anything, usually. Thanks for any input. O, he wants $1,000 a pair and calves are three months old.

fair price, I've seen Holstein-Piedmontese X Limousin and look pretty good, so maybe you could cross your heifers later to a Limo Bull

Latest posts