piedmontese the upcoming revolution in the cattle industry

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

:?: you want to know how to get better carcass weights-less fat on the carcass and- tender beef. with the results being more profit then you need to log onto http://www.piedmontese-napa.com read the results of universities in many countries and feedlots. this web site is filled with article after article that backs up the facts stated above. remember what joe fiday said just the facts mam just the facts you will find the facts at the napa web site. [/img]

gale":1a1lab9w said:
:?: you want to know how to get better carcass weights-less fat on the carcass and- tender beef. with the results being more profit then you need to log onto http://www.piedmontese-napa.com read the results of universities in many countries and feedlots. this web site is filled with article after article that backs up the facts stated above. remember what joe fiday said just the facts mam just the facts you will find the facts at the napa web site. [/img]

Lol.

gale":2rzwyi3t said:
Not in your lifetime.

not ever.... Italian breeds will never get another chance in this part of the country. Anything that's white with black on the nose or ears is consider chi and is shunned. Too many broken fences and bones in this country from chianinas to allow Italian breeds another chance.

to the cattle rockin kid that makes about as much sense as saying because one american is fat then all americans are fat. for your information piedmontese cattle are milked right out in the lots or feilds in italy. piedmontese cattle are one of the most docile cattle breeds you will ever find. my brother and i had angus cattle 24 years ago and we could not keep them behind any fence. now does that make all angus that way. i dont think so. and as for the leachman cattle company piedmontese were not there demise. if you think that it was call jim leachman and ask him. if you need his phone number i will get it for you. i currently have 27 fullblood piedmontese that are behind a two strand electric fence and that is all they have ever known. i bet you even drive a dodge!

gale":147vdnyz said:
to the cattle rockin kid that makes about as much sense as saying because one american is fat then all americans are fat. for your information piedmontese cattle are milked right out in the lots or feilds in italy. piedmontese cattle are one of the most docile cattle breeds you will ever find. my brother and i had angus cattle 24 years ago and we could not keep them behind any fence. now does that make all angus that way. i dont think so. and as for the leachman cattle company piedmontese were not there demise. if you think that it was call jim leachman and ask him. if you need his phone number i will get it for you. i currently have 27 fullblood piedmontese that are behind a two strand electric fence and that is all they have ever known. i bet you even drive a dodge!

HEY wait a minute i drive a Dodge :p :p 8) 8)

gale":2fhx6rim said:
Hey Gale
If you are so all knowing why do you hide behind "Guest".
Come out in the open.
I have Jimmy Leachmans phone #.
I talk to him often.

Perception as fact. What Jake said was that around his area anything white iwth black points is considered to be chianina. That perception is what would prevent cattle with that appearance to be accepted. It's a simple case of one thing causing lack of acceptance of another. BYW, around here they aren't accepted either.
Our cows are all kept behind a single strand of hotwire 28-32" inches high, even the genetic experiment that the vet brought over learned in one zap to respect the fence.

dun

gale":22s1osnc said:

gale":36xb0gfw said:
I said they won't have a chance in my neck of the woods due to the prejudices to Italian and Italian looking breeds. I know that piedmontese are great animals but that's not gunna change a prejudice and these people around here are stubborn and stuck in their ways it. So come preach to them about piedmontese and see how many bulls you sell.....
and I can't stand Dodge just so you know GM for that matter also

When they show up at the fairs around here they're like those monster trucks. Everybody likes to gawk, nobody wants to own or even think about trying to sell.

Craig-TX

if any one wants to question how docile piedmontese really are call david faggin in tyler texas.

i challeng all to go to the napa website and view the facts with an open mind http://www.piedmontese-napa.com i have found no other breeds official site to contain facts like these read the facts and then post your reply.

vicki keeps this site up to date she truly is an asset to the piedmontese breed. piedmontese are the premium cross $$$ less fat better yeilds and the tenderest cross there is. while at the napa site read about the 300 plus black cross heifers and the premium they brought. these facts are not from breeders but universities and feed lots.

to the cattle rasin kid. if its not a dodge or gm is it a nissan.

gale":1f00fsjx said:
if any one wants to question how docile piedmontese really are call david faggin in tyler texas.

i challeng all to go to the napa website and view the facts with an open mind http://www.piedmontese-napa.com i have found no other breeds official site to contain facts like these read the facts and then post your reply.

vicki keeps this site up to date she truly is an asset to the piedmontese breed. piedmontese are the premium cross $$$ less fat better yeilds and the tenderest cross there is. while at the napa site read about the 300 plus black cross heifers and the premium they brought. these facts are not from breeders but universities and feed lots.

Gale
If you are such a Hot Shot why don't you register and make yourself known like some of the rest of us.

gale":1uwxmyj7 said:

Sounds to me like you ought to be selling used cars. The statement call so and so he'll tell you that their good, sounds like two kids fighting.
If these cattle are what you say they are they'll catch on. I have looked at the breed don't care for them myself. I am going to stay with what brought me to the dance Angus,Brahman,and Herefords.

:?: i still have not heard from anyone who wants to say what they know about pieds based on facts or research. and there still has been no replys as to having researched the napa web site and the facts.

well here is a statement of fact when someone like me or anyone with a message makes a statement about facts the closed minded will not address the issues but try to shoot the messenger.

what do your bramah, herford, and angus cross have to offer versus the pieds where are the facts to back up any statements you are willing to make about your breeds like red angus.

i don't have any thing negative to say about your breeds i would like to hear from you about your animals and any documented research you might inlighten me with.

if you will give me this information i sure will research it and do it with an open mind not biased towards your breed. but truly interested in seeing what your breed brings to the table and puts on the consumers plate and in the breeders pocket book.

back in the 1980s my brother and i had reistered polled herfords we watched as the select few worked the circle and inflated the prices of their show animals. there was some good animals in the breed such as enforcer. a very unique breeder was ervin jones. we went to his farm in blairsville georgia and saw 300 plus enforcer heifers. kenny rogers the country singer bought all of these animals they were very unique animals what we saw backed up what we heard about enforcer he was one of a kind. there were other good polled herford bulls also such as justa banner and the cardinal bull.

there again the open minded investigate. the closed minded just open their mouths with out doing any research. please understand i am not trying to be arrogant with you or ficieous either.

gale":v483s1sf said:
while at the napa site read about the 300 plus black cross heifers and the premium they brought. these facts are not from breeders but universities and feed lots.

How do you get Pied's black?

For us it was market driven. Moderate sized cows, high fertility, weaning a 500-600 lb calf in September and doing it on fescue without supplement. No calving problems and a premium when the cut there heads off. Throw in the depth of the gene pool so you can pick and choose among multiple bloodlines and traits. When we got going again we looked at most breeds to see what they would do for us. Red Angus or Polled Hereford based crossbred cows do the job for us. It's kind of funny that in the limited number of years we've been in the business (40+) in several different environemtns those crossbred cows have alwasy done the job, throw in a little Brahman for the foraging ability and heat tolerence in some areas and they still did the job.
If any breed was going to be leading the revolution, don't you think that if they had been in the country as long as some of the less common breeds that it would have started by now.
The American consumer still wants a well marbled but not fatty piece of meat that provides a tender and tasty eating experience. Change the consumer and you'll see a shift in the types of cattle being raised. Europeans prefer a totally different type of cut, but I'm not selling to the EU, I'm selling to Mrs., MR., Miss, average American. If there is a niche market to be filled, you can bet some enterprising person/persons will fill it. There used to be two Pied breeders in this area, both are out of the Pied business, one is raising blk Angus the other is raising crossbreds (baldys primarily). Of course they went out of the Pied business about 10 years ago so maybe it's all changed. But with their experience, don't you think they would have jumped back into it if that was where the money was?

dun

dun

i am from the great state of tennessee. here is a thought for all democrats to ponder. they have whined every since george bush beat gore and leiberman! if they really beleived that then why did they not insist on renominating gore and leiberman? i will tell you because they live in a dream world not the real world they are closed minded and refuse to research the facts on george bush. they beleive what they were told by mom or dad or granpa and can't make a decision for their selves.

these same democrats go to church and tote thir bibles but refuse to research them. they have been told and brain washed with this. they beleive that when GOD made the heavens and earth and created man that HE created adam and steve. well my bible which i have researched says HE made adam and eve. ignorance of right and wrong and ignoraance of one of the best presidents this country has ever had. being from tennesse i shudder to think of where we would be if gore had gotten elected and 911 happened. its plain scary to think about this.

what the country needs is more democrats like zell miller who look at the facts and are willing to state after having done so bush is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who were the breeders and also pieds have only been in the us and canada since the early 80s. visit the web site and read and please reply with any facts pertaining to your breed. thanks.

Gale,

Ok, I did take the time to look at your site. First off, that is the worst breed association site I've ever seen. Things aren't organized and it's hard to find anything. In fact, I couldn't find the study you mentioned. I did find a study in which some pied bulls were used on some cows but no real results. On the same note, all breed associations only list the positive studies about their breed. I have yet to see a site mention any bad (real or perceived) attributes for that breed. The angus site says nothing about bad temperament, fence-crawlers. The hereford site says nothing about pinkeye. The limo site says nothing about high-strung, low quality-grading. You get my point? If not, what I'm trying to say is the pied assoc is definitely not going to list the research data showing the low quality grading of the breed or how many were dark cutters because of temperament.

Without seeing the study you mentioned, I'll just go with what you told us. 300 black cross heifers. From what I know, pieds are not black. So, where did the black come from? Angus? As for being a tender cut, tender does not equal taste. The american consumer has shown again and again that they are willing to pay for taste which comes from the intramuscular fat or marbling. Thus is the reason that CAB is sold at a premium. I was able to see on the site a mention of Laura's Lean. If you're aiming at a niche market, fine. The pieds probably fit right in with the limos for the Laura's Lean program. Don't try to pass it off to the general cattleman that the pied is the answer to all their prayers.

You mention you raised angus & then polled herefords, now pieds. There's still quite a few breeds for you to choose from when you realize the pieds aren't exactly what you've chosen to believe they are. Maybe one day you can find a breed & stick with it. Did you raise emus too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts