Piedmontese bull opinions please

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Looking at this guy to use on my commercial side and maybe a fullblood or two. I really like his length and muscling, but depth might be a problem with the commercial aspect. I haven't purchased any semen yet so I'm just looking for opinions at the moment.

Personally, I would like to see a bit more depth to him and a straighter back. He may just be standing downhill though.

Backbone Ranch":ow32zk97 said:
Personally, I would like to see a bit more depth to him and a straighter back. He may just be standing downhill though.

He is standing downhill and the only other picture of him is at a worse angle. The lack of depth is my main concern but was wondering if anyone saw more than that? I'll add that Pieds are finer boned.

How old is he in the picture? What bulls are in herd already? $18 per straw isn't bad but... Maybe they will get the Anaborapi/IVF issue figured out soon!

Thank you for the video, I didn't know it existed. I've only seen a couple of pics of heifers from him as this is his first crop of calves hitting the ground. That makes him around two in the picture, I think. The price is because IVF screwed Craig (and others) over and he's offering a discounted price per straw. Hawkeye Breeders Iowa is now handling the semen on him. Don't know yet whether they are doing all of Anaborapi or not.

I'd be happy if they did. Haven't heard anyone is yet... This time Next year I will be going with Hugo for AI most likely. Maybe not if I can get some from a Anaborapi bull I like before then. I'll also be on the hunt for some full blood heifers.

WalnutCrest":1662tuo4 said:
If you're keeping anything out of it as breeding stock, I'd look for a deeper bull.

If you find them deeper you give up length.

ALACOWMAN":1662tuo4 said:
Can't look at these type cattle the same, their a different duck..

Yep, but they are fun to scratch your head over. :mrgreen:

The picture is truly horrible. In the video we see a good young bull. No issues from what I see in the video.

Latest posts