Piedmontese Bull Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586

Reaction score
Had to take a heifer out to the MSU Vet clinic Friday and got home to find Brooke2 giving birth to the littlest bull calf that any of my girls have ever had:
Brooke2Boy1day.jpg

GoodMorningBabyBull.jpg

Weigh tape says he is 71# she plopped him out in the pogged up dirt instead of the nice clean pen I had made up for her, he had a heck of a time navigating those legs in that stuff. He is doing good now.

Keren":45w00nbo said:
CKC1586":45w00nbo said:
she plopped him out in the pogged up dirt instead of the nice clean pen I had made up for her, he had a heck of a time navigating those legs in that stuff. He is doing good now.

Isnt that always the way? :roll:
Good grief! Then she had to lick all that dirt off of him? Duh! At least it was mostly dry, won't be anymore cuz it is raining here this morning. At least he is now able to navigate to where he is most comfortable.

Rosebud calved in the dirt a few years ago, who would think that Alberta would have dirt anywhere in February.
I threw him in a wheel barrow and brought him home ,cleaned him off and gave him back to mom..She wasn't to keen on cleaning the dirt off of him but went to town when he was clean and dripping wet.. I told her next time don't calve in the dirt.. :lol2:

hillsdown":2kji2cqx said:
Rosebud calved in the dirt a few years ago, who would think that Alberta would have dirt anywhere in February.
I threw him in a wheel barrow and brought him home ,cleaned him off and gave him back to mom..She wasn't to keen on cleaning the dirt off of him but went to town when he was clean and dripping wet.. I told her next time don't calve in the dirt.. :lol2:
Oh Brooke2 cleaned him off dirt and all, yuk. I got a picture of them last night she is standing in the dirt and he has his hind legs perched on the straw covered concrete nursing. Let me see if I can get it off the phone and on here....
26.jpg

Latest posts