Piedmontese Breeders

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a few Piedmontese a few years ago. They are good cattle. Lot of meat on them, easy keepers and small calves. Their color is what throws people I do believe. The bulls are really muscled up well. They have a gene to be double muscled, but I didn't have any to pop out of the cows. I saw a Piedmontese bull the other day while hauling hay. He was standing at the fence, by the road. What a rear end he had! It was big and round. If he had to wear pants, he would never have to pull his britches up. I like the breed. The buyers like the black cattle here.

Hi: I haven't been on here in a while and will be leaving again tomorrow to go back to the farm. Won't be around much till after Louisville in November.
However, I am new to the Piedmontese breed. My brother has been breeding them since 1999 and is enjoying success with them.
What kind of questions do you have?
You may want to check out the website http://www.pauscattle.org there is a membership list there and you may find someone in your area that you could go and check them out in person.

I saw some Piedmontese calves this weekend. They were beautiful! The double muscling can never be accused of being a lightweight. Doc Harris could never call these "Funnel Butts." Although the buyers here do not want to purchase these. He says they are all muscle and no marbling. We still have Piedmontese in the freezer. It is extremely lean, but yet very tender. Seems people looking for a leaner beef would jump on these in a heart beat. Mostly those watching their fat intake. Even when you cross these with the Angus, they still have that Piedmontese body and you can't hide them behind the color. I saw a solid black one that had that large back end. Now that was a pretty calf. What a shame!

Latest posts