Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

fitz

Reaction score
Have been bouncing over the frozen ruts in my little sacrifice feeding area. Taking the advice offered here, I decided as long as the ground was frozen and I had plenty of hay I would roll some out. When it thaws I go back to the rings. I just hate to see them plow the hills in the mud.

It also gave me reason to snap a few pictures.

DSC00852.JPG

DSC00856.JPG

DSC00848.JPG

DSC00846.JPG

OP
fitz

fitz

Reaction score
Thank you. It's not been a real harsh winter. More cold rains than I care for. I don't test it but my hay seemed to turn out pretty good also.
The first and third pictured are wet with fall calves. I know the last one is heavy bred. I didn't look at her # but I think now the second one is a bred heifer.

pricefarm

Reaction score
Nice cows! Sure has been a wet winter. I have been having some calves the past few weeks with this cold rain we have been getting but they seem to be taking it pretty good.

OP
fitz

fitz

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. They're spoiled compared to some. Thawing out quickly today so I'm going back to the rings. The way this wind is blowing I don't think they could chase it down if I did roll any out.
A.J.- I spent some time working in the country's mid section during winter months. After seeing the conditions some of the stock endured there I promised never to feel too sorry for mine again.
greybeard - Learned the hard way if I allow one nursing a four month old calf to lose too much condition this time of year you'll be June getting her back in shape.
pricefarm - Good luck with your new calves. I hope mine don't start 'til the end of next month at the earliest.

Latest posts