pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1atodxgv said:
Yeah, Yeah, I knew I would get razzed.

You knew I wouldn't be able to resist!

When charolais first started coming in as semen they used a lot of Brown Swiss as the maternal breed.

dun

Jeanne - Simme Valley":cfjehcwh said:
Yeah, Yeah, I knew I would get razzed. He is a Purebred simmental. For the fun of it, I pulled his papers, and his great-great-grandmother was 1/4 Angus. No holstein in this pedigree. hmm
There are more pics of him on my web site & the classifieds on this site. These pics were taken in Nov & he was 54" tall & 2000#, with a 20.2" ribeye, at 25 months old.
Simme Valley Macho As U.

The point I was making before was that back in the 70's, holsteins were used - current Simmentals are deffinately Angus black genes. Actually, one of the hottest breeds right now is the Simmi/Angus cross. Selling for big bucks - registered 1/2 bloods. Angus people are very interested in my bull. Have a few top Angus breeders using him. He is being promoted as a "club calf" bull. Ads will be showing up soon.

Get the picture - we're REALLY proud of him. Got our first calves on the ground, and already getting repeat semen sales.

What are you getting for the semen?

Well, we're really not supposed to be advertising. I just couldn't resist putting his pics up when I was trying to learn how to do it. I LOVE looking at him.
anyway, he's listed in the classifieds on the homepage of CattleToday. He's $20/unit.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2hrjyxpk said:
Well, we're really not supposed to be advertising. I just couldn't resist putting his pics up when I was trying to learn how to do it. I LOVE looking at him.
anyway, he's listed in the classifieds on the homepage of CattleToday. He's $20/unit.

are you taking him to Denver?

asklund8.jpg
http://www.clubcalves.com/asklund9.jpg

Don't have a clue if this will work, but if it does, this is a Simmental (Meyer 734) son that we raised, kept three heifers out of him, and sold for some really good money.

Here's the other picture. Only took me twice to get it right :lol:

AAOK":2y5h72tp said:

Here's the other picture. Only took me twice to get it right :lol:

Nope!!!! I still can't get it right.

No we are not taking him to Denver. He was shown at Louisville NAILE last year & was Div Champ. We had him with Chan Phillips this summer and he was shown at Simm Sweepstakes in Louisville, was Res Div Champ (biggest feather in our cap was that he beat WLE Influence! - that was BIG).
We had planned on returning him to Phillips after Eastern National & Keystone, but Chan said he needed to weigh 2000 for Denver. At Keystone he weighed about 1800 & we thought he was putting on too much outside fat, so we thought he would look like a toad at 2000#. We turned him out on pasture with 1/2 his ration of grain. He easily weighed 2000# in November with less fat. He must have had a growth spurt. Maybe we should have continued showing him but it is SOOOO costly & such a gamble. Even with a professional fitter, politics are wicked. We will be displaying him at Ohio Beef Expo in March. He is signed up with two semen companies. We'll let his calves speak for him now.

Jeanne, Is he not way too big framed for Mr. Phillips?

Good looking bull, and you should be proud! Does he have any Black Irish Kansas, wondering with the curly quarters?

Suprised so many Texans have a positive comment. Before you start killing me I do have several friends from Texas whom I respect, and if I had to leave South Dakota, Texas is a State/Country very near the top of my list!

Moving on, would you list the bulls ASA registration number. We raise Simmental/Angus F1 heifers, and feedlot the steers, not sold as bull calves. We've been using Nichols Shannigan F5, and WHF Desperado 212G sons in our breeding program in addition to AI'ing. with Angus cows. I'd be interested to hear how easy calving he was and what the calf stats are. We start calving in a month from the Shannigan son, and some AI sires.

Guess I'm going to have to learn how to post pics, so we can keep showing the Texans what BEEFY cattle look like!!!!!! :shock:

ollie":2f6fnllx said:
Jeanne, Is he not way too big framed for Mr. Phillips?
NO - he's actually very small framed - 5.6 yearling and was 5.3 when those pics were taken. He's 54" at 25 months old! Chan loved him, wanted us to go to NAILE & Denver. We were chicken to invest that much $$$ to go against WLE Influence again - he was 9 months older & 400# heavier than Macho. We beat him once - we'll quit there!!! :D
The small frame, clean front, and all that meat is why the clubby producers are so interested in him.

Do you have any info on the Ohio Beef Expo? Like dates and place
Thanks!
Ohio Expo is held at the fairgrounds in Columbus. We will arrive on Wed night March 16. He'll be in the barn on display in the Genetic Pathway section from Thursday thru Saturday (maybe Sunday also - most everyone left last year Sat night. We will head home sometime on Sunday or Monday, depending if we end up going in the barn on Sunday.

Does he have any Black Irish Kansas, wondering with the curly quarters?
No BIK - actually he doesn't usually have "curls". He had been out to pasture for about 5 weeks. We just pulled him in & brushed off the mud/dirt to take the pics. That's why the "rippled" look - his hair was VERY dirty. Not enough time or weather to wash him. Didn't expect the pics to come out so good. I'm using them for our ads instead of his show pics. I think the "natural" look is best.

would you list the bulls ASA registration number
ASA # 2178168

using Nichols Shannigan F5, and WHF Desperado 212G sons in our breeding program in addition to AI'ing. with Angus cows. I'd be interested to hear how easy calving he was and what the calf stats are.
I have used Desperado. Had a bull that was Grand Champion at all our shows & sold him as a calf.
Macho has a 89# BW, has the phenotype & pedigree/EPD's to be a calving ease bull. We bred him to 9 heifers & I know of a lot of other heifers bred to him. We have had 1 heifer calved here, 1 in Nebraska (that we bred) and several in Rome, NY. All have been 65 - 78# range. Came quick, easy & jumped right up & sucked. Just what we like! Just got a call from Nebraska last nigh about his newborn calf. Very pleased.

Jeanne - Simme Valley

I think the "natural" look is best.

I agree. We do a lot of AI.

I always ask for pics of a bull in the field because I want to see him in his working clothes first.

Bez