Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
Some of you will remember these kind of pictures. I hope I don't hurt anyone, but I just saw a newspiece about what our troops are going through and it just brings back these kind of memories , so " Lets ALL support our troops"

Dick

This is me in Feb. 1968

15_firebasecamp.jpg

That's me on the left.

06_carry.jpg

Our troops are going through the same hell and stress. Lets loveem when they come home.

Dick

I have a lot of respect for anyone that went over seas and fought for our country in any war. There are people that I do not like at all, but still, when I am around them, I have to respect them for getting on the plane and flying over there not knowing what would happen. I am sure that is was a very hard thing to do and a lot of fear was in your mind. So many people got out of going by leaving the country. Thank you for staying and fighting. I am sure that it changes who you are when you go through something like that.
It looks like the conditions were bad in the picture. I bet there are days that you look back and wonder how you pulled through each day.

Thanks again Dick. It means alot to me . Guys like you have preserved my way of life as well as my childrens. I appreciate it.

Thanks Dick...we're members of the same club, I had a part in the police action too....'68-'69, '70-72...USMC. Have a daughter that is about to retire from the Air Force.
I was given a dirty look when I was asked to join the VFW and I told them that I hoped that the organization would run out of qualified applicants....it took a minute for it to sink in but the guy got a more pleasant look and said thanks, he never thought of it that way.
I'm not a right wing liberal but I have my own opinions on war and support the troops, have a in-law's son who lost an arm in Irac this past year.
It's the government that I don't trust...when the sholdier has to ply his trade, the politician has failed in his!
Thanks for the reminder that war is hell.
Good luck to ya, Bro.
dave mc

Susie David":153eqnix said:
Thanks Dick...we're members of the same club, I had a part in the police action too....'68-'69, '70-72...USMC. Have a daughter that is about to retire from the Air Force.
I was given a dirty look when I was asked to join the VFW and I told them that I hoped that the organization would run out of qualified applicants....it took a minute for it to sink in but the guy got a more pleasant look and said thanks, he never thought of it that way.
I'm not a right wing liberal but I have my own opinions on war and support the troops, have a in-law's son who lost an arm in Irac this past year.
It's the government that I don't trust...when the sholdier has to ply his trade, the politician has failed in his!
Thanks for the reminder that war is hell.
Good luck to ya, Bro.
dave mc

us54843152 69-71 you made a very good post and I agree with you 100%

Those pictures brought make memories I would just as soon not think about. God speed to all our men and women who serve. And God rest those souls who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect OUR freedom.

I've never been in the service but I certainly salute everyone who has been or is now. I was at a county fair last week showing a Longhorn steer and there was a 21 year old fellow there is heading to Iraq in October. He was all set to go, says he is ready and wants to. We had a great conversation, he was a really nice guy. As I shook his hand and told him to take care of himself, I had this big lump in my throat. He's the same age as my son, who knows if he'll ever make it back home?

:heart: THANKS A MILLION DICK. I am forever in debt to you and all of those who have, are and will serve to defend this great country of ours.
I have to disagree with SusieDavid and their position on "when the soldier has to ply his trade, the politician has failed in his!" In my opinion our politicians can't stop a war. They might be able to, in some cases, use diplomatic ways to get around it, but for example, when we were attacked on 9/11 there was no doubt that we had to go to war, no politician could have denied that fact. Our politicians help to (if you will) "run"(?) our nation and our military's job is to defend it. In the words of Rush Limbaugh (hope I get this right) the job of our military is to kill people and break things. God Bless all of those that are willing to defend all of us, and GOD BLESS AMERICA! :heart:

I was too young to be in Nam, but I have lots of friends who were there. You fellas paid a heck of a price, and were treated like dogs when you came home. I wont get started. But I will say a big thanks to all the men and women who have served and protected our great nation. None of you, will ever be forgotten! my dad and brother are both vets, and it takes a lot of guts to do what you have done, some gave all. Just for the rest of us to live free.

I remember being a kid watching the nightly news, seeing them carring away strechers every night, giving the number of confirmed dead for that day. I had two brothers ready to go when Nixon started pulling out troops. It screws up your childhood to put such heavy thoughts on a kid. Too much worry for kids that age. Thanks for your contribution to the freedom we all enjoy.

Any vietnam vets been able to visit the wall? I went to it 3 different times and couldn;t get any closer then about 100 yds. Seemed like there were a bunch of us with that problem cause there was a pretty sizable group of guys just milling around at the distance, some just shaking, others crying, some just stood like they were in shock.

dun

First off thanks for the pictures, They brought back meniors (sp) iIhad not had in a loNg time . I agree with the statement when we no longer need VFW'S. We at this ranch, i own, don't discuss the war much it is still to hard. Thank Again.

Latest posts