Pictures of the heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

CPL

Reaction score
Well, I told Knersie I'd get some pictures this weekend, but I forgot the regular camera so I had to use the cell phone. Needless to say I didn't get the same results. :oops: Just try to pretend they're normal size!

LFH 32M HARLEY 501T- DOB 3/13/07

Christian07.jpg

Christian06.jpg

Christian05.jpg

Christian02.jpg

Christian01.jpg

E MS HARLEY 4P- DOB 3/31/05 . Mom who was eating and didn't really want to stand still for a good picture.

Christian04.jpg

Christian03.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. The heifer still won't eat any grain. Both are on mineral and a protein block. The cow is due mid-April, so I'm kind of excited about her getting ready to calve. The calf will be a TRM bull out of Thor and Sis 334. Thanks, Christian

Looks like a thick, stout heifer. Deep, good capacity, nice refined and feminine but still beefy front end. Good structure from what I can see. Topline is questionable, but she slopes down which indicates she's still got more growing to do, so the topline doesnt worry me much. Nice heifer, I like her!

You've got a very good start to your future herd, I like the bone, thickness and capacity on the heifer, I hope her topline levels out with maturity.

Do you have a bull in mind for her yet?

Thanks for the comments. Where her front feet are standing in the first three pictures is right off the edge of the lean-to and it had been rainy this weekend and that part was sunken down, so that could be over exaggerating her topline a bit. But, we were just discussing her topline the other night, so it is something to look at.

As for bulls, it really depends. Some from the major studs that I've look at are SHF Rib Eye, TRM Kudzu, and Anhinga Vic K16. But I'm also going to look at the calf from my cow out of the TRM Thor son to see how the BW, shoulders, etc look. I was told he had been successfully used on heifers so I may just opt for the easy way THIS year. However, right now I think I'm leaning toward the Anhinga K16 bull because I think he would be better for the two of them as far as what Im trying to achieve now. I will try to get better pictures along with a Yearling weight in about a month or so.