Pictures of new Walkaloosa filly

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
As promised in an earlier post I now have pictures. This filly was born the day before yesterday to my TWH mare. Her sire is a gaited Leopard Appaloosa. So far everything seems to be going good. Baby and momma are both fine and baby is getting to be very spry and inquisitive. I hope ya'll enjoy looking at the spots. I need ideas for names. I need a name for registration and a name to call her daily. Any suggestions?

P9260082.jpg

P9260080.jpg

P9260079.jpg

Is that L hind pastern ok? Cocked in all 3 photos.
Jubilee,Cricket,Newspaper(black&white)
She is just toooo cute!! Congrats..

peg4x4":1rezy9ct said:
Is that L hind pastern ok? Cocked in all 3 photos.
Jubilee,Cricket,Newspaper(black&white)
She is just toooo cute!! Congrats..

Horse vet looked he over and thinks she will be ok but she will come out and check again in a few days. It does not seem to be as bad in person as it looks in the picture.

prolly cramped up while inside and will be ok soon..
If I could be hands on with her,could think of a name...
what's mom&dads names??

peg4x4":6b6cdzhw said:
prolly cramped up while inside and will be ok soon..
If I could be hands on with her,could think of a name...
what's mom&dads names??

Mom's name is Misty.......Dad's is on his papers. His owner is sending me his Reg # so I'll know at that point.

I have been thinking about calling her Freckles with a reg name of Misty's September Snowflake 8)

Pepper would be my choice. I named a calf Pepper. To me it's short for salt and pepper.

flaboy":2zqi32vn said:
Pepper would be my choice. I named a calf Pepper. To me it's short for salt and pepper.

Pepper would be good. Reminds me of a dog that I used to have named Pepper who was spotted up like this filly. She was as mean as a snake and would bite anybody not in the family. I had to keep her up whenever anyone came over.

Great coloring! Isn't it kinda late in the year to be foaling though? Around our place anything past March is a late baby. Names are hard to come by for me unless I can interact so sorry no help there. I wouldn't worry about the left hind pastern. Most foals have some sort of leg deformity when they are first born and almost all come out of it. We had a filly born and she couldn't walk on her hooves, she walked down on her heels and ergot. Just an over stretched tendon that eventually tightened up. CONGRATS!!

ArrowHBrand":1ck1ktk3 said:
Great coloring! Isn't it kinda late in the year to be foaling though? Around our place anything past March is a late baby. Names are hard to come by for me unless I can interact so sorry no help there. I wouldn't worry about the left hind pastern. Most foals have some sort of leg deformity when they are first born and almost all come out of it. We had a filly born and she couldn't walk on her hooves, she walked down on her heels and ergot. Just an over stretched tendon that eventually tightened up. CONGRATS!!

This mare is foaling much later than I would have liked even though it remains warm here for a month or two yet and our winters are pretty mild. I bought her bred because I really liked the mare and the price was right. I am taking a chance on the foal I know.

I might call her Dusty-a sprinkle of star dust on the shoulder. I think it is a very nice looking foal -and mare. I would think the legs would strighten out anyway-I have seen foals like that before-especially young as that. :D

Beautiful baby :heart: !!! I would probably vote for
Pepper. Our new colt was born april 8th(Scooter);
my sweetie says he will be his "70 year old man" horse;
gaited is the only way to go---a cadillac ride.