Pictures of my farm & animals

Help Support CattleToday:

VtMapleGal

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my farm, and some of my animals. Feel free to post opinions.
The first picture is us clearing the overgrown pastures when we moved into the farm
Barn6-16-07.jpg

This is my Rocky Mountain Gelding
TGT3048.jpg

View from the farm
PictureTGT047.jpg

Bullet-one of my steers. Just over a year old.
100_3176.jpg

Bullet & Pal (a jersey steer for a client). Pal is almost 2 i guess.
100_3178.jpg

mac a bucket fed jersey steer. about 4-5 months old.
100_3180.jpg

Cheese a bottle fed jersey steer. about 4 weeks older than mac we are guessing
100_3187.jpg

Snowflake- one of my banty hens
100_3196.jpg

Girrlie (simmental heifer) with jewel (4 month old "adopted" calf)
102_3172.jpg

More of Jewel
100_3194.jpg

100_3193.jpg

100_3186.jpg

100_3181.jpg

Some really good photos there VT. I like that banty hen... and "cheese", for a minute I thought it was a deer! Thanks for sharing with us. Are you all finished with the land clearing yet?

Great pics and beautiful, healthy looking animals. My husband bought 2 yellow/orange white face heifers at the sale last week. They are probably a bit older than yours. We have another one that's about 2 now...she had a beautiful calf. It was her first and she had it with no problem at all.

Thanks for sharing the pics...love 'em!

Alice

we are done clearing pasture. THANK GOD lol. we were over run with rose bushes, and some stupid weed that grows in vermont with beautiful purple flowers but has these little prickly things on it that makes you itch like crazy. we had 3 large pastures that were compleatly over run (some you couldnt even walk through) we bulldozed everything up, spread some new top soil, fertalized and planted pasture mix, and fenced everything in. Now we are adding on to our barn so the cows dont have to use the tractor trailer truck box as shelter. I dont have pics of the finished pastures, but ill try to get some this spring. The farm we are at is about 125 acres, and wasnt used as a farm in probably 15 years and some of the pastures its been well over 20 years.

You guys sure did alot of work!! Great job!!!
I had a cousin who was from Vermont, she always told me I should visit sometime.. I hope to.

Nice pics, you have some nice scenery! You must have had to do quite a bit of work to get that pasture cleared out! Nice animals-they are all fluffy for winter like mine! I don't really care for horses but yours is nice looking!

my boyfriend hates horses lol, but he really likes mine. He is kinda like a large dog. We let him out of the pasture to graze in the spring, and i call him and he comes back. He is respectful of your place and isnt a pain in the ass like a lot of horses. He is also 100% trustworthy and not spooky. I can shoot of his back, ride around the tractors and 4wheelers, round up the cows (but he can live with them and not chase them), put a 90 year old woman on him, or go barrel racing, and i can tell you how he will react to about anything. he used to be an amish horse so i was told, but im not really sure. he isnt broke down like most of them. he really is not replacable because of his saneness. He is the reason we started the farm. I got him first and then got a cow for a companion and it all spread from that.

VtMapleGal":hvkhntjw said:
my boyfriend hates horses lol, but he really likes mine.

He is kinda like a large dog. We let him out of the pasture to graze in the spring, and i call him and he comes back. He is respectful of your place and isnt a pain in the ass like a lot of horses. He is also 100% trustworthy and not spooky. I can shoot of his back, ride around the tractors and 4wheelers, round up the cows (but he can live with them and not chase them), put a 90 year old woman on him, or go barrel racing, and i can tell you how he will react to about anything. he used to be an amish horse so i was told, but im not really sure. he isnt broke down like most of them. he really is not replacable because of his saneness. He is the reason we started the farm. I got him first and then got a cow for a companion and it all spread from that.

Your boyfriend or the horse? :mrgreen:

I love the landscape! I couldn't help but notice the rock wall too. (is a rock wall right?) Man that is nice. You have a beautiful place! Thank's for sharing.

Jogeephus":2gr5p4nj said:
I love the landscape! I couldn't help but notice the rock wall too. (is a rock wall right?) Man that is nice. You have a beautiful place! Thank's for sharing.
Are you talking about the wood pile?
Huh. Maybe it is a rock wall.
Beautiful country ~ thanks for sharing!

oh i dont even think about the rock walls, we have them everywhere around here. ill get more pics of some in the spring when they are not covered by snow.

as for the truck, lol, you guys will LOVE this one. My bf dad drives tractor trailer truck and that is how we got the trailer (250 bucks!), we brought it to the barn, but it was muddy at the time and couldnt put it in place, so about a week later when everything froze up my friend took his old ford truck and backed it under the trailer, lowered the trailer on the bed and backed it into position. he was going to junk the truck anyways, so it worked out great.

love your pics.an your steers look fat an sassy.what are you going todo with some meny steers.your horse is goodlooking as well fat an sassy an content.you cant beat a boomproof horse.

the jerseys i raise for a client. He only eats jersey meat (grew up on it or something), the beefalo steers(snoopy & bullet) will be slaughtered next summer (YUM!) i also have 2 simmentals which are at a bull being serviced right now, so no pics of them right now.

Beautiful country indeed! We visited Burlington a few years ago.. drove all over the state, and it's BEAUTIFUL! Went to Stowe.. a big skiing area, and it was incredible. Lots of dairys, which surprised me. I have to tell you, the gas stations are the nicest I've ever seen in my life! Routinely they have a huge selection of coffees (Green Mountain) and the restrooms are spotless. If you didn't get any snow there, I'd think about moving! :cowboy:

VtMapleGal":2qgkbcig said:
oh i dont even think about the rock walls, we have them everywhere around here. ill get more pics of some in the spring when they are not covered by snow.

as for the truck, lol, you guys will LOVE this one. My bf dad drives tractor trailer truck and that is how we got the trailer (250 bucks!), we brought it to the barn, but it was muddy at the time and couldnt put it in place, so about a week later when everything froze up my friend took his old ford truck and backed it under the trailer, lowered the trailer on the bed and backed it into position. he was going to junk the truck anyways, so it worked out great.
That looks and sounds like something that only happens in the South. :lol2:

Latest posts