2a9z7fc.jpg

30lncc9.jpg

zkoeog.jpg

1fbbpj.jpg

2gwuwwo.jpg

2nl4ttu.jpg

a11r8g.jpg

Brute 23":23qlwlfk said:
Very nice. Seeing fat cows on good pasture puts me in a good mood. :)

Thanks Brute. I moved them tonight. I was amazed how much clover is back there.

cowgirl8":3hh43m2a said:
Nice....but no calves? When do your cows calves?

There are 13 cows and 2 heifers. All AI bred. They will calve Sept/Oct. The calves have been off these cows for two months.

The two heifers are above and below the white blaze face cow above. The one above the blaze is AIed to Elevate. The one below, is AIed to Uno Mas.

NOTE: Poured recently with UltraBoss. No flies!!!

TennesseeTuxedo":29uacztn said:
Understocked.

Yes. I was contemplating that when I took them back there.

But.....

I don't want more cows!!! 15 to 20 mammas is all I want. I can handle them and AI them and not be bothered with a bull.

Bright Raven":189cevb5 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":189cevb5 said:
Understocked.

But.....

I don't want more cows!!! 15 to 20 mammas is all I want. I can handle them and AI them and not be bothered with a bull.

Can I send a few of ours over to fatten up a bit?

TennesseeTuxedo":3l6smjyt said:
Bright Raven":3l6smjyt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3l6smjyt said:
Understocked.

But.....

Can I send a few of ours over to fatten up a bit?

What if someone sees them and thinks they're mine??? Would you embarrass me like that???

why don't you just Rent out some back pasture for custom grazing . Im sure you could hit a lick on it and you wouldn't have to worry about folks seeing them and all you would have to do is welfare checks.

M-5":2g8ypkn1 said:
why don't you just Rent out some back pasture for custom grazing . Im sure you could hit a lick on it and you wouldn't have to worry about folks seeing them and all you would have to do is welfare checks.

I was joking on the seeing them. :D

My concern is bringing in disease. My herd is approaching closed although there is fenceline contact. The market here for grazing is not worth the trouble. To take in 10 head for the grazing season, I would be lucky to get $80 a month. There are too many idle farms that compete for what lease demand there is in this county.

Bright Raven":2da8usz6 said:
M-5":2da8usz6 said:

My concern is bringing in disease. My herd is approaching closed although there is fenceline contact. The market here for grazing is not worth the trouble. To take in 10 head for the grazing season, I would be lucky to get $80 a month. There are too many idle farms that compete for what lease demand there is in this county.

I'll have you know my cattle are treated twice a year by our local vet. I do not have any DISEASES in my herd.

Besides, I wouldn't want my gals becoming spoiled primadonnas after hanging out with your hussies.

Bright Raven":26idk8u3 said:
M-5":26idk8u3 said:

I agree Ron, biosecurity risk is not worth the hassle of taking in cows for agistment no matter how well managed they are.

Ken

Latest posts