Pictures in the pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

oakcreekfarms

Reaction score
we moved some cows out to a new pasture this evening so I took some pictures. I think caustic might be disappointed to see that I have more then 3 like he had previously thought. The cows are eating hay and the pasture. The two year olds went through winter on Corn stalks alone. The yearling was on hay and 4lbs of grain until March 1st, then straight hay and pasture with the cows. The Hard Wood daughter was only on Hay all winter. We give some cubes after cows calve, but that is all. I just wanted to get that out of the way before everyone accused me of graining everything hard.

Some of the cows down by the creek
cattleuddersandside003.jpg

A 2 year old SHF Marshal daughter out of a DOD
cattleuddersandside001.jpg

and her udder
cattleuddersandside020.jpg

A 2 year old P606 daughter out of Governess 236g k61, from the sandhill herd
cattleuddersandside009.jpg

she is getting ready to calve
cattleuddersandside006.jpg

some other udder pics
k-k reba
cattleuddersandside013.jpg

A yearling P606 daughter out of a Red Hills Typhoon/Victor cow
cattleuddersandside002.jpg

A Hard Wood daughter in her work clothes, could have taken a better picture
cattleuddersandside007.jpg

and finally one of the calves, He is a RPH Topline ( Prideline son) x a SHF marshal cow
cattleuddersandside016.jpg

Hopefully you enjoy the pictures, I will probably post a few more later.

I like both the P606 daughters.

Just a question, why still feed hay when on what looks like to be good pasture? I am not bashing your way of doing things, there may well be other factors I don't know of, but my cattle won't touch hay when there is green grass available.

We basically let the grass grow all winter, that is only an acre per pair. It won't last long at all, but it get them in good condition for breeding. Therefore it is hay during the winter, next year we are going to do corn stalks and milo stalks

Oak nice looking group. I really like like those Marshal daughters. Those critters were smiling to get out of the mud. Without mud it would just boring in central Kansas.

S&S

Smith I like the marshal daughters too, I can only assume that you really really like them :D

It is my belief, as you know, that marshal is going to produce some of the fanciest and productive females in the breed. They seem to be very easy fleshing, easy calving, big muscled, big topped, full of rear meat, nice level small teated udders, and a moderate frame with good growth. What else could anyone want. I also like his sons Phoenix and your (S&S) bull Reality.

I also wish that I could get sexed semen on P606.

Latest posts