pictures from Wyoming

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid

Reaction score
I'm visiting relatives for Thanksgiving, and as usual, been very busy with my camera. So here's a few random photos from the last 36 hours... :p

boogieresized.jpg

cowspic058.jpg

deer.jpg

heifer.jpg

calvesresizedIII.jpg

;-)

Very nice pictures, I agree with Iluvabeef, 1 and 4 are my favorites. But I do like the deer too.

L.A.":1f3aukfe said:
Where is the snow? We are white here, about 4". Nice pics

The snow was late in parts of Wyoming this year, finally got a little snow the night before last - not even an inch, though - and the previous day temps were 75 degrees. Weird! :shock: This is the first year I can remember that we didn't have significant snowfall by Halloween, and I haven't had to dig out the insulated coverall's yet. Very weird!

msscamp":3ndzk6n1 said:
L.A.":3ndzk6n1 said:

The snow was late in parts of Wyoming this year, finally got a little snow the night before last - not even an inch, though - and the previous day temps were 75 degrees. Weird! :shock: This is the first year I can remember that we didn't have significant snowfall by Halloween, and I haven't had to dig out the insulated coverall's yet. Very weird!

Well, I can't say as I mind! LOL.

I got to play cowgirl this morning and round up the weanlings for feeding time... check out my other post. ;-)

milkmaid":k1re4qnw said:
msscamp":k1re4qnw said:
L.A.":k1re4qnw said:

Well, I can't say as I mind! LOL.

I hear you! :lol: :lol:

I got to play cowgirl this morning and round up the weanlings for feeding time... check out my other post. ;-)

Good deal! I'll bet you had a blast! ;-) :lol: :lol:

Actually, I did have a wonderful time. :D It's the first time I've really worked cows on horseback, so perhaps I'm still in the "first timer stage" where I think this is so cool! Give me a dozen years and I might not look at it the same way. :p

milkmaid":dpxltlk9 said:
Actually, I did have a wonderful time. :D It's the first time I've really worked cows on horseback, so perhaps I'm still in the "first timer stage" where I think this is so cool! Give me a dozen years and I might not look at it the same way. :p

I'm glad, and I don't think you're in the "first timer stage", either! :D Working cattle on horseback is a whole new challenge than working them on foot - it takes teamwork, understanding, and communication between you and your horse, and it is the coolest, most rewarding thing on earth! But, from a personal perspective, there is something about working cattle on horseback in really cold weather - and not having any feeling in your legs/feet - that tends to take all the fun/adventure/enjoyment out of it. :p :lol: Then there is also the factor of attempting to dismount, at least somewhat gracefully, while trying to not go down in a heap due to numb legs/feet. A good horse that will allow you to kind of hang off the saddlehorn until the bloodflow returns helps a whole lot, though! ;-) :lol: :lol:

msscamp":206tamvc said:
But, from a personal perspective, there is something about working cattle on horseback in really cold weather - and not having any feeling in your legs/feet - that tends to take all the fun/adventure/enjoyment out of it. :p :lol: Then there is also the factor of attempting to dismount, at least somewhat gracefully, while trying to not go down in a heap due to numb legs/feet. A good horse that will allow you to kind of hang off the saddlehorn until the bloodflow returns helps a whole lot, though! ;-) :lol: :lol:

:lol: Been there done that. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be out there rounding up by 7am when my uncle feeds... brrr! we're trying to get the weanlings trained to come when they hear the tractor.

milkmaid":1ucd6lbf said:
msscamp":1ucd6lbf said:
But, from a personal perspective, there is something about working cattle on horseback in really cold weather - and not having any feeling in your legs/feet - that tends to take all the fun/adventure/enjoyment out of it. :p :lol: Then there is also the factor of attempting to dismount, at least somewhat gracefully, while trying to not go down in a heap due to numb legs/feet. A good horse that will allow you to kind of hang off the saddlehorn until the bloodflow returns helps a whole lot, though! ;-) :lol: :lol:

:lol: Been there done that. Tomorrow I'm supposed to be out there rounding up by 7am when my uncle feeds... brrr! we're trying to get the weanlings trained to come when they hear the tractor.

Brrrr is right! Most of them will make the connection after a few times - the rest after a few more, but I sure don't envy you until then! :p :lol: :lol:

Latest posts