Pictures From China

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS I didn't notice your red face so much as your eyes.
The beatle nut? Is that the one that turns their teeth black?
And they chew it alot cause it helps suppress hunger?

dj":1qhj9d98 said:
HOSS I didn't notice your red face so much as your eyes.
The beatle nut? Is that the one that turns their teeth black?
And they chew it alot cause it helps suppress hunger?

dj, yep that is the one. It is about the size of a pecan or smaller. Tastes like wood. The juice is blood red. The Taiwanese truck drivers use it to stay awake while on the road and also to keep warm in the winter time. It makes your skin flush and you feel warm all over. It made me dizzy and my legs felt about 2 feet long and made of wood. I will pay these guys back next time.

The only interesting thing about Taiwanese bettle nuts is the folks that sell them. They set up an all glass booth (like a large telephone booth) on the sidewalk and put very, very, very scantily clad ladies in them to attract customers. The competition is so high with a booth on every corner that the more scantily clad the lady the more business you can steal from another booth. Some are clad only in a transparent bra and g-string. Makes it tough to walk down the street without tripping over the curbs :lol:

HOSS":2gozk4k9 said:
FROGHOLLOWFARM":2gozk4k9 said:
Where is that pic!!!! :shock: :D

Some pics are better left in Taiwan :roll: The wife wouldn't see the humor or culture in those pics ;-)

Don't you love "culture" ;-)

Hoss, our plant has a "guest house" where the Taiwanese stay, kind of like a small hotel, with a banquet room. The chef cooks very well, and on special occasions us American managers get invited over. Pretty good food.

So Hoss, do you know what com pai is???

cypress, I have kampai'd my share of Tsing Tao beer. The Chinese word for beer is pronounced peejo. If you are not carefull they will all take turns kampei'ing the guest. Makes for a rough night if you can't keep up :p

HOSS":1ivp6daw said:
cypress, I have kampai'd my share of Tsing Tao beer. The Chinese word for beer is pronounced peejo. If you are not carefull they will all take turns kampei'ing the guest. Makes for a rough night if you can't keep up :p

Makes me laugh, we have something in common Hoss. Being a graduate of LSU, I can, or used to - drink heavily. I'm with them until they break out the rice wine. That stuff is horrible!!! Seems our Taiwanese here have an American streak; they like down good 'ol American Budweiser.

Hoss, do you know much or speak any of the language? 13 years of sitting in meetings has taught me some.

The rice wine tastes like turpentine. It has a major kick though.

Yes I have picked up allot of the language mostly mandarin. I do not let on to them how much I know as it helps me during negotiations. I can garner information from their discussions amongst themselves during meetings.

Latest posts