Pictures Continued - Hereford Tour 2008

Help Support CattleToday:

Aaron

Reaction score
Hereford Tour pictures continued. All of these photos come from one older gentleman who runs about 100 cows.

Bull I sold to the fellow last year, running with his yearling heifers. These heifers will be sold as spring/summer breds on October 25th.
P1010298.JPG

P1010293.JPG

P1010297.JPG

P1010295.JPG

Pictures of his spring calves. All of these are off his older 8 year old Hereford bull.
P1010301.JPG

P1010303.JPG

P1010304.JPG

P1010305.JPG

I really like this cow. Good commercial cow that was moderate size - about 1250 lbs, and had a good sized calf on her.
P1010310.JPG

A good Hereford pair.
P1010313.JPG

The Hereford/Char cross has a number of color combinations that it can manifest. I've seen one that at first glance looked straight Char, until you recognized a slight smoky tint to the bulk of its body, and the pure white face and stockings and belly. This is a good cross; the two breeds are very complementary.

Years ago when simmys still looked like simmys - you used to get those "buff" colored Hereford Simmy F1's - best commercial cows you could make - tons of milk big growthy calvesand they produced forever.

Maybe they are chars in this photo but they could be simmyherfs too just by looking

milkmaid":3o26n2y0 said:
Nice pics. What are the yellow whitefaced bovines crossed with?

The yellow calves would be 3/4 Hereford, 1/4 Charolais.

herefordchick":3o26n2y0 said:
Who does the herd belong to Aaron? Looks like it was a nice tour stop

The herd belongs to a fellow from Devlin, Ontario. :cowboy:

herefordchick":397c0kre said:
Years ago when simmys still looked like simmys - you used to get those "buff" colored Hereford Simmy F1's - best commercial cows you could make - tons of milk big growthy calvesand they produced forever.

Maybe they are chars in this photo but they could be simmyherfs too just by looking

We used to run Simmie-crosses. We were actually the first in our area to bring a Simmie bull in, in 1976 and he was the real nice cream coloured Simm. Produced a lot of nice HerfxSimm cows off of him. There is still one breeder in our area that has those kind of Simmental cattle, but they are a rarity nowadays. I don't like modern Simms. :cowboy: