picture of one of GreenWillow's heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef":2kf0nzku said:
He can tell you about her, here is the pic...

gwheifer.jpg
[/img]

This is a very outstanding looking heifer, Green Willow. Hello Cert!
:cboy:

i like her coloring. would like to see more girth, carrying capacity, deeper bodied, whatever you prefer to call it. but she will probably fill out more when she carries her first calf. i bet shes open or in the first trimester. let us know when y ou find out.

Hill Creek Farm":uf3epl3o said:
certherfbeef":uf3epl3o said:
He can tell you about her, here is the pic...

gwheifer.jpg
[/img]

This is a very outstanding looking heifer, Green Willow. Hello Cert!
:cboy:
This is an unbiased comment: Magnificent potential for a Commercial Breeder! Good, level hind quarter from hooks to pins, tail setting is a little high for my taste, BUT - a higher tail setting indicates easy calving, so I feel that balances out the tail set, - Strong top line-can carry a good sized calf and keep in good condition at the same time, FINE capacity, strong feet and legs set on the corners, appears to have a slightly restricted heart girth, however that may be manifest by a slightly open shoulder - a "brood cow head and 'look' about her. Bred to a Bull with features to match and improve hers - WOW! Poppin' calves! Money makers. But not Registered. Great commercial cow for cross breeding! DOC HARRIS

Excellent post, DOCHARRIS! Its extremely helpful to us newbies to be able to look at a photo and have an unbiased commentary on confirmation points to refer to. Makes me think that it might be helpful to have a sort of "judging" topic or forum that could help us with the finer points of cattle judging. It would certainly help me! :D

Nice looking hfr. Would like to see somemore depth and volume, but maybe the picture is decieving. I would take her in my herd any day and breed to my Expectation son. Good luck with her.

Greenspottedherefords first off nobody called you a liar son. And I dont need to post any pictures (dont know how either LOL) for you or anybody else to look at...why does that take "courage"?? I dont care what any of you think about my cattle...and dont understand why you do either. How do you know I even ahve any cattle??LOL Your the one that feels the need to show off your stock...not me!! Maybe you just want to hear all of that silly little tail waggin and braggin on your stock from people that think like you do that a pretty "paint job" is what the cattle business is all about?? I dont mind having alot of mane on a hereford but your heifer looks like shes got a stripe like a skunk all the way to her tailhead!! And spots to go with it!! Your silly little "paint job" costs REAL ranchers money mister...I bet even Causticburno will tell you that!! Why dont you ask caustic burno or another real rancher?? If you like pretty paint jobs why dont you raise paint horses or austrailian sheperds instead of spotted seedstock?? If your really a registered breeder and not just in the pet business its time to start acting like it...please select against color traits that cost us money when you have the chance!!

But ive got a good idea for you. Keep the heifer (throw the papers in the trash) and put a good Gardiner bull on her. Now I know you dont like black cattle because you run them down in a lot of your postings..you alwasy whine about them having more eye troubles and starting trouble with your bull and gettting out and everthing in the world that you can think of to run them down...like you think it makes your breed look better. herefords are good enough cattle without you doing that. But a good angus bull will take that skunk stripe and those spots off of that heifer and maybe if your lucky give her some ringeyes
Give that a try and good luck to you

bigbull338":2nslwdfs said:
boy thats 1 nice heifer i dont blame you for wanting her for your herd i bet she would make a good show heifer as well some guys cull the best cause they dont fitt what they want scott

Should you decide to show her, won't the judges penalize her because she doesn't have the 'traditional' herford markings, i.e. excessive white? I was under the impression that traditional coloring played as big a part as conformation.

msscamp":2xmhndzk said:
bigbull338":2xmhndzk said:
boy thats 1 nice heifer i dont blame you for wanting her for your herd i bet she would make a good show heifer as well some guys cull the best cause they dont fitt what they want scott

Should you decide to show her, won't the judges penalize her because she doesn't have the 'traditional' herford markings, i.e. excessive white? I was under the impression that traditional coloring played as big a part as conformation.

The originals were painted a lot more than todays Herefords

tapeworm":3bbwacs1 said:
Greenspottedherefords first off nobody called you a liar son. And I dont need to post any pictures (dont know how either LOL) for you or anybody else to look at...why does that take "courage"?? I dont care what any of you think about my cattle...and dont understand why you do either. How do you know I even ahve any cattle??LOL Your the one that feels the need to show off your stock...not me!! Maybe you just want to hear all of that silly little tail waggin and braggin on your stock from people that think like you do that a pretty "paint job" is what the cattle business is all about?? I dont mind having alot of mane on a hereford but your heifer looks like shes got a stripe like a skunk all the way to her tailhead!! And spots to go with it!! Your silly little "paint job" costs REAL ranchers money mister...I bet even Causticburno will tell you that!! Why dont you ask caustic burno or another real rancher?? If you like pretty paint jobs why dont you raise paint horses or austrailian sheperds instead of spotted seedstock?? If your really a registered breeder and not just in the pet business its time to start acting like it...please select against color traits that cost us money when you have the chance!!

But ive got a good idea for you. Keep the heifer (throw the papers in the trash) and put a good Gardiner bull on her. Now I know you dont like black cattle because you run them down in a lot of your postings..you alwasy whine about them having more eye troubles and starting trouble with your bull and gettting out and everthing in the world that you can think of to run them down...like you think it makes your breed look better. herefords are good enough cattle without you doing that. But a good angus bull will take that skunk stripe and those spots off of that heifer and maybe if your lucky give her some ringeyes
Give that a try and good luck to you

I like a good red Hereford or Black Brangus I dont want the sale barn to think I an running longhorns.

Tape, I should just ignore your baiting.

I understand that you are of course free to believe anything about me that you wish.

For the record: This is the only excessively white marked cow that I own. The reason we posted the pic of her is because, frankly, I thought Camp would like her. The featherneck goes nowhere near the tailhead.

When I first joined the boards, I had a bull that was so conservatively marked, that I was hammered because he was. I don't go out and look for a flashy paint job. I prefer for my cattle to be marked like the one nursing her calf on the Everything Else Board: At least a little touch of featherneck, a line of pigment around both eyes, moderately dark red. I certainly intend to plan breedings to take the extra white off her calves, and add capacity. I feel that my bull will do that, especially add the capacity.

I believe there are good Angus cattle out there, and have been working on avoiding being negative. I hope things go well enough for you that you are in a better humor next time you check in for a visit to the boards. Take Care.

GWH:

For the record: This is the only excessively white marked cow that I own.

Huh?

That animal - and whether I like it or not is not for publication here - GWH and I have chatted - carries heritage markings.

Old paintings I viewed in the UK last year while visiting some farms showed similar amounts of white.

White has become a "modern" concern in North America - still not sure why.

Bez

it looks like i have created a monster. lol.

if an idiot cant tell the difference between a hereford, a longhorn, and a pinzguaer, the idiot has no business buying cattle in the first place.

nice heifer still, even if she did get into the garden and eat everything.

Corn in garden didn't get enough rain, stunted. Too tight to water it enough to help. Bez's post on another board inspired me to turn her into the garden and let her eat the worthless corn plants. :lol:

good idea. we have a few we use for clean up as well. had about 10 mowing this morning. somebody left the gate open.

greenwillowherefords":2qn0vfnv said:
Since this has been started, might as well throw her to the lions. Above is another view.

Why would you want to do that? She looks like a nice heifer.

msscamp":1auf2067 said:
greenwillowherefords":1auf2067 said:
Since this has been started, might as well throw her to the lions. Above is another view.

Why would you want to do that? She looks like a nice heifer.

Just mean that if we are going to discuss her various strengths and weaknesses, we might as well have more to go on than one side picture. ;-)

Latest posts